+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used Optislim and lost 30kgs and it wasn't too bad taste wise. I also had my EPU for IVF (same sex couple) last week and ended up with 12 eggs but only one embryo because my eggs were shocking. I'm not sure if this was because I had recently come off 6 months worth of shakes but can't think of much else as never had issues before the shakes. Just food for thought if anyone is considering using shakes for a longer period of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I ended up ordering optifast simply due to price, amcal online has them on special at the moment and someone in the online gastric support forum said if you add in the codeword 'WOW' at checkout you get a further discount so I ended up with 3 boxes for $85 now I just hope they taste good lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    They say you can do them for longer than 3 months providing you seek medical advice. I did and had regular monitoring and blood tests done but found coming off them that I didn't ovulate properly (did before) and now have very fragile eggs! It wasn't something I had been worried about but I guess it makes sense and looking back now I probably wouldn't have done such an intense program with the shakes. I'm not sure if the quality of them will change but I really hope I didn't do permanent damage. Lucky DP has great eggs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can use either.... my dietician made me put diet chocolate topping with it too 😆

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Fingers crossed!! Do you get to mix them with milk or do you have to use water?
    The Dr said he would prefer water

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my Mum had to do the 2 week shake diet before her gastric sleeve op, the dr said if she didn't like the tastes of the shakes go with vanilla and add a shot of coffee to it. If you like coffee you could try that. It was popular amongst his patients.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    When my Mum had to do the 2 week shake diet before her gastric sleeve op, the dr said if she didn't like the tastes of the shakes go with vanilla and add a shot of coffee to it. If you like coffee you could try that. It was popular amongst his patients.
    This. Also, my mum loves mint stuff so she added a couple of drops of mint essence to the chocolate shakes.