Closed Thread
Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1001
  1. #921
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,220
    Thanks
    2,057
    Thanked
    1,919
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Grr! This would annoy me too in my house. But it will most likely only be noticeable to you
    DH has said he'll go to Bunnings and get matching trim to replace it himself. He's a gem! He knows how to make a slightly OCD wife happy, lol 😅

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

    pointless1  (12-08-2016)

  3. #922
    hakuna matata's Avatar
    hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,383
    Thanks
    791
    Thanked
    2,432
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    DH has said he'll go to Bunnings and get matching trim to replace it himself. He's a gem! He knows how to make a slightly OCD wife happy, lol
    What a man!!!!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

    Frankenmum  (12-08-2016)

  5. #923
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    2,362
    Thanked
    1,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Having dinner with DD at 5pm is leaving me hungry again at 9pm (easier to eat with her than eating at 6:30 when she's getting tired and needs attention and I can't wait til she goes to bed!)!

  6. #924
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked
    274
    Reviews
    0
    DS has developed a sore throat & high temperature. With DS that means he most likely has bacterial tonsilitis (the joys of a public system wait list to have them out). Why now when I am probably not going to be able to get him an appointment at the local bulk billing GP tomorrow & to get him looked at would mean a few hours on a bus then a few hours waiting at the clinic next to not-so-local emergency department (ie an all day job) and I just want to stay home. Times like this I miss having a working car.

  7. #925
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,950
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked
    2,299
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    DS has developed a sore throat & high temperature. With DS that means he most likely has bacterial tonsilitis (the joys of a public system wait list to have them out). Why now when I am probably not going to be able to get him an appointment at the local bulk billing GP tomorrow & to get him looked at would mean a few hours on a bus then a few hours waiting at the clinic next to not-so-local emergency department (ie an all day job) and I just want to stay home. Times like this I miss having a working car.
    Do you have access to after hours dr? They are bulk billed.

    I got tonsillitis eo many times when I was sick with glandular fever. It is horrible.

    Hope you get a GP appointment. Tell them its urgent and go on a cancellation list as well.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    pointless1  (12-08-2016)

  9. #926
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked
    274
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Do you have access to after hours dr? They are bulk billed.

    I got tonsillitis eo many times when I was sick with glandular fever. It is horrible.

    Hope you get a GP appointment. Tell them its urgent and go on a cancellation list as well.
    thank you for that idea - I hadn't even thought of it & think I've found one that covers our area - saves a wasted day our tomorrow if I can't get an appt with his usual gp

  10. #927
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    2,362
    Thanked
    1,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    thank you for that idea - I hadn't even thought of it & think I've found one that covers our area - saves a wasted day our tomorrow if I can't get an appt with his usual gp
    Oh fingers crossed you can get one out. Poor guy tonsillitis is awful. I have had it a few times and as a teen remember getting the big penicillin jab in the butt maybe he needs more of that ice cream to soothe his throat

  11. #928
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    2,362
    Thanked
    1,905
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The cat has P!ssed somewhere in the house but I can't find it! I can smell cat pee very strongly though. So disgusting.

  12. #929
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,708
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked
    2,784
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    The cat has P!ssed somewhere in the house but I can't find it! I can smell cat pee very strongly though. So disgusting.
    Absolute. Worst.

  13. #930
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked
    274
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    The cat has P!ssed somewhere in the house but I can't find it! I can smell cat pee very strongly though. So disgusting.
    oh no - that truly sucks.

    Got an appt for DS & as I suspected he has tonsilitis (as a side I adore his dr - they had no appts but when I told them what I wanted one for they squeezed him in)

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

    Tiny Dancer  (13-08-2016),twinklify  (13-08-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. The Not So Serious Vent Thread #5
    By harvs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: 21-10-2015, 13:48
  2. The Not So Serious Vent Thread #4
    By White Mage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 990
    Last Post: 24-03-2015, 21:47
  3. The Not So Serious Vent Thread #3
    By LoveLivesHere in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: 15-12-2014, 14:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Maternity Clothes
Looking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find preloved maternity wear
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!