Closed Thread
Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    Ugh just wasted half an hour trying to find something to watch. I have too much choice!!
    I don't have any series' that I'm in the middle of so I get overwhelmed by the choice on Netflix. Today I put 4 different things on and couldn't get interested in any of them!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (18-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I don't have any series' that I'm in the middle of so I get overwhelmed by the choice on Netflix. Today I put 4 different things on and couldn't get interested in any of them!
    Yes! New episodes of a show I like will appear but I'm not in the right mood so just cant get into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I did this too and decided I wasted too much time now to actually start watching anything.

Anyways, should be getting some sleep instead of fiddling on my phone
    This happens to me too frequently!

So I have decided upon continuing to rewatch Game of Thrones. I am up to episode 7 of season 3. Once the season's finished I think I might change it up

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    This speaks to me...

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogis Mumma View Post
    I feel guilty writing this but I've had enough of my holiday...still got 3 nights to go. In Ho Chi Minh city at the moment as there are so many warnings about scammers..got ripped off by a taxi today...made me cry

I'm sick and tired of being on edge and watching how I spend my money.
    im sad you are not having a good holiday. We were in Ho Chi Minh City in april. I found some interesting places, and the crowds were not too bad. I don't think I will be too keen to go back. Much like any other Asian city, and we have done a lot of travelling around Asian places. I hope the rest of the holiday is a more relaxing time for you. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. I'm sick.... Really sick and so is DS. I had MIL lined up to come and watch DS tomorrow whilst I sit my GTT but I was advised due to being unwell I should cancel at this stage. I rang MIL to tell her what was going on and I was hoping she'd say that she'd still come watch DS tomorrow, even just for a few hours but nope. So I'm 6 months pregnant, sick and chasing a sick 2 year old. Why is it I spend all my time worrying about everyone and what they need but when I need someone... There's no one to be seen.

I just feel so sick and want to sleep. I'm in tears I feel so miserable. I'm tired of no one giving a hoot about me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HeavenBlue huge hugs you sound miserable. I know I would have trouble doing this but could you call MIL back and ask her to help? I totally understand if you can't reach out if be a hypocrite if I said otherwise!

Can DH take some personal leave to help?

I really hope you feel better soon. Being pregnant sick and chasing a child around is a special kind of hell xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    @HeavenBlue huge hugs you sound miserable. I know I would have trouble doing this but could you call MIL back and ask her to help? I totally understand if you can't reach out if be a hypocrite if I said otherwise!

Can DH take some personal leave to help?

I really hope you feel better soon. Being pregnant sick and chasing a child around is a special kind of hell xx
    Thanks, it's actually nice to know someone took time out for me.

I could call her but I'd feel so awful. She drives a minimum of 40 minutes to come here and if be asking her to come into a house where she's likely to get sick also. I just don't feel like I can ask her.

As for DP.... Pffffftttt. He's NEVER taken a day off for me. He's used me as a fake excuse plenty of times but when I'm actually sick?? Nope. That place always comes first I'm afraid.

I'd ask my mum but she has to work also.

But you're right... It IS a special kind of hell. Poor DS.. He's being such a good boy overall though. I'm just feeling guilty over all the screen time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #6

I get it - I am a shocker at asking for help including from DH.

Try not to worry about screen time - DS2 has watched sooooo much TV since I fell pregnant and have sick for most of it! Doubt it will improve when I'm stuck in a chair nursing a newborn either.

Maybe when your DH gets home hand him DS as he walks in the door and take yourself straight to bed. This is a case of do as I say not as I do!!

Edit - you may already be doing this but when I'm stuck on the lounge and TV has lost its power to keep DS2 amused I get him to bring me his Picturepedia (an encyclopaedia of pictures) he sits beside me and we go through it together. Sometimes it will keep going for an hour! It's what we are doing right now 😊
    Last edited by binnielici; 18-07-2016 at 15:47.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (18-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    He's does bring me picture books and we go through the animals and sounds etc... It does help to pass some extra time and he loves it!

I'll see what time dp walks in the door but I'm not holding my breath on any relief. He'll want a shower and then likely he will still switch his computer on etc. he has no understanding or sympathy to be honest. I'll be very surprised is otherwise happens.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (18-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed your DH gets a clue for you tonight @HeavenBlue