It's crazy windy and snow predicted as well. Just wonderful of a day lol
    I'd be happy to stay inside all day but we need to go out this arvo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Attachment 82479

Seriously winter? I need to go out today
    OMG!!! How can you live in temperatures like that??!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahahaha my dad has always said Blayney is the coldest place he's ever been! I lived in Orange for a couple of years, & had plenty of snow days up on Mt Canobolas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    OMG!!! How can you live in temperatures like that??!!!
    I do love winter lol. It has warmed up a couple of degrees but so windy it makes no differences. I think a fire place helps. We moved and don't have one anymore so this winter is miserable!! Lol.
    I think it's different when u have no choice lol i love living here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzy36 View Post
    Hahahaha my dad has always said Blayney is the coldest place he's ever been! I lived in Orange for a couple of years, & had plenty of snow days up on Mt Canobolas
    Hahahaha I agree! It's freezing here! Always colder than other towns around here. We lived in Millthorpe for a few years and it always felt colder in Blayney lol
    The snow on Mt Canobolas is gorgeous! We are on the outskirts of Blayney so lots of farms one side of us and it looks so beautiful with the hills with snow.

Good Ol Blayney lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So a month or so back DH asks me what I want for my bday and I said I would really like a new ghd platinum but they're expensive so maybe get the rest of the family to chip in (this is normally how we do family presents). So he goes and arranges it with his parents, sis and brother. Told me he ordered it and hopes its here by my bday (this wknd). Today my mum comes over with an early bday present. A ghd.

I feel very awkward right now. I was very thankful but told mum there was no way I expected her to get me such an expensive gift! I must have mentioned several months ago that I wanted a new one but I didn't mean for her to buy me one!

What to do?! I don't think either can get a refund. I know for certain DH ordered online. I feel bad for mum though because she was so happy to give me something I really wanted and I feel like some sort of spoilt brat asking to return or exchange it?!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    So a month or so back DH asks me what I want for my bday and I said I would really like a new ghd platinum but they're expensive so maybe get the rest of the family to chip in (this is normally how we do family presents). So he goes and arranges it with his parents, sis and brother. Told me he ordered it and hopes its here by my bday (this wknd). Today my mum comes over with an early bday present. A ghd.

I feel very awkward right now. I was very thankful but told mum there was no way I expected her to get me such an expensive gift! I must have mentioned several months ago that I wanted a new one but I didn't mean for her to buy me one!

What to do?! I don't think either can get a refund. I know for certain DH ordered online. I feel bad for mum though because she was so happy to give me something I really wanted and I feel like some sort of spoilt brat asking to return or exchange it?!
    please excuse my ignorance, What is a ghd? I have no idea what that is ??? marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    please excuse my ignorance, What is a ghd? I have no idea what that is ??? marie.
    Ghd is a really good brand of hair straighteners.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum gave me one recently...it's the Kitchen Aid of hair straighteners.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (13-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (13-07-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogis Mumma View Post
    Ghd is a really good brand of hair straighteners.
    thank you, I would never have guessed. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has said she will get me something else. And give the ghd to my SIL. I feel so bad though, it's the first time in years mum has given me a present (rather than a voucher or money) and she would have put a lot of thought into it. And I am sure even at wholesale price they are expensive.

She said wait until DH gives me his, in case I like hers better (it's pink).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

pointless1  (13-07-2016)