Closed Thread
Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Change banks. That's not good enough.
    4 times? And it takes them 3 weeks to restore your balance?

Report it to the financial ombudsman and then let your bank know that you've reported it. It's amazing how quickly this will encourage your bank to remedy this situation.

Just google 'banking ombudsman'.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (17-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (17-05-2016),Mod-Nomsie  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh MIL, it's just impossible for you to praise me directly. Tonight she came over for dinner and practically licked her plate clean and rather than thanking me and telling me it was delicious, she said "what was in that, do you have a recipe?" Just tell me I'm good at something! I don't seek her approval but I just wish she would show some manners and directly tell me she liked something I did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing hubby actually wanted to spend time with me not just at dinner time. Comes home from work and goes and shoots targets with his bow. I get he has a hobby but does it have to be every night. If its not that he is fletching arrows 'sigh' cant win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had a night away from the kids, up the coast. Woke up at 6am. Cruel!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cannot breathe through my nose. My eyes are watering as I need to sneeze but can't. Hare flipping colds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Our credit card has been skimmed for the fourth time! It's getting ridiculous! Plus our bank is useless and it takes them 3 weeks to return the money we lost and we have no access to the remaining balance in the meantime. It's going to be an incredibly tough three weeks again. 😞
    you're not with BOQ by any chance are you? both my dad and sister had issues with being skimmed when with BOQ. one of them had $10k removed from their account? I hope you get it sorted ASAP!!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #6

In the city for one night for a meeting first thing tomorrow.
    3 hour drive
    Get to the car park - no attendant. 3 cars in a row in a narrow car park driveway. Driver at the front is irate. Doesn't want to wait for attendant. Wants 3 cars to reverse up steep driveway onto cbd street.
    Get to hotel. Floor 17. Get to floor and stupid little card doesn't work. Back down to reception.
    Get into room. Sit on bed watching tv until DH and DS FaceTime. Tv makes noise and picture goes all pink. Call reception. Guy comes and replaces hdmi.
    Decide it's time to empty mini bar as can't be bothered going back out for wine. Open drink. Not cold.
    Call room service for food + ice for drink.
    Told room service will be 1 hour.
    FaceTime DH & DS - I could smoosh them to bits!
    Shower.
    Miss door knock because shower. They took my meal away because I didn't answer. It was only 23 minutes since I called! Nowhere near the hour I was told.
    Faaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkk

ETA meal was absolute ****e. Porterhouse pretending to be a $45 fillet steak. White chocolate mousse in a blob on plate. And split. FML
    Last edited by TheGooch; 17-05-2016 at 22:04.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am wondering how hard it is to get the air conditioning at work to blow warm air. I shouldn't have to sit at my desk with a winter coat on to work! Two of my colleagues that sit right near me have fan heaters under their desks, I think I need to follow their lead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I am wondering how hard it is to get the air conditioning at work to blow warm air. I shouldn't have to sit at my desk with a winter coat on to work! Two of my colleagues that sit right near me have fan heaters under their desks, I think I need to follow their lead!
    Gosh this sounds like my work!
    Then the fan heaters got banned as it 'affects' the heating (you seriously can't win)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I feel your pain!! I spent summer at my desk in a ski jacket and fingerless gloves! It was ridiculous. Now that its cooler weather I'm sweltering all day... it can't be that hard to get it right surely!?