Closed Thread
Page 25 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    The inconsistencies in the Bubble Guppy universe really (irrationally) annoy me! They were on a hovercraft on top of the water tonight?!? How are they not dying?? Another one was swimming at the top of the lake with a snorkel on!?! What is the snorkel for?!? Seriously! Stick the laws of your damn universe Bubble Guppies! You are NOT amphibians, you're fish! You breathe water!

(I know I'm being totally irrational, I'm hormonal and tired. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).
    I'm with you! This bothers me as well. One episode they visited a zoo and the Penguins were swimming in a water pool - aren't they already under water??? How is there a pool under water?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    I'm with you! This bothers me as well. One episode they visited a zoo and the Penguins were swimming in a water pool - aren't they already under water??? How is there a pool under water?
    Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one bothered by this 😅

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I adore DD and love how she's my little shadow but OMG it's so hard to get anything done with her following me around for a chat!! I will try and soak it all up though because in a few short years, she'll hate my guts lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It bugs me when people who aren't related assume they can take on the title of aunty or uncle. My sisters friend just put up a photo on Facebook of her and my niece and referred to herself as aunty. Um no lady, she already has real aunties, back off 😜

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (31-01-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my generation was always told to call strangers aunty, uncle. it was a generational thing. I know I had a whole bunch of neighbours, and family friends who would be 'aunt' 'uncle', but actually no relation at all. I don't really see any harm in it, but I can understand where you are coming from. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few today...

I am making dinner. Have a 2 min break so make myself a drink. I sit on the couch and DS takes my drink, proceeds to drink half of it and gives it to DH to drink the rest. I grumble about it and get 'well make yourself another one' - I have to finish cooking and wait for the next 2 min break. Besides it was MY drink.

DH has whinged about being bored at work. Gets home says hi to DS and plays with him for a few mins. Then DS comes with his nappy off wanting to pit it in the bin. I am making the bed. Call out to DH to help him *hear crickets* so I deal with DS and give him a new nappy... and find DH lounging on the couch.

Also, too freaking hot. Just go away at least there was sun to do my washing today but still too damn hot.

E.T.A. I shower DS while dinner cooks and then when we are finished put his pj's and night nappy on the couch right next to DH and tell him its there. 2 mins later he is yelling out 'what pj's do I use tonight?' *sigh *. I tried.
    Last edited by twinklify; 01-02-2016 at 19:23.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sub.
    Love venting threads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    my generation was always told to call strangers aunty, uncle. it was a generational thing. I know I had a whole bunch of neighbours, and family friends who would be 'aunt' 'uncle', but actually no relation at all. I don't really see any harm in it, but I can understand where you are coming from. marie.
    Yep. Same here, but I'm only in my early 40s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    It bugs me when people who aren't related assume they can take on the title of aunty or uncle. My sisters friend just put up a photo on Facebook of her and my niece and referred to herself as aunty. Um no lady, she already has real aunties, back off 😜
    it bugs me when other adults refer to you as aunty/uncle outside of the context of children.

dh's SIL will send us mail and we're either aunty/uncle (even though said mail item has no relation to her child) or "mr and mrs". it's very presumptuous of her to assume I'm a mrs (I use ms).

can't she just use our given names like a normal person?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    For me, I used to call my parents friends and most other adults "mr" and "Mrs". I think part of the reason I don't like it is the mother of one of my childhood friends had an affair and ended up with my friends "uncle" (just a male friend) and i didn't realize he wasn't her real uncle.