Closed Thread
Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Harvs, I hope your mums lack of memory hasn't diminished your warm and fuzzy ones xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    My mum keeps buying me fairies and fairy related things. At some point in time she got the impression that I like them. I think it was when I was pregnant with DD and she gave me a book with gorgeous garden fairy illustrations done in the 1940's, which I honestly thought were beautiful. From then on she's got it in her head that I love fairies and has bought me more fairy books, statues, ornaments and jigsaw puzzles. They are just not my thing but I can't bring myself to tell her when she lovingly presents me with these items.
    Yesterday I was on the phone with her and she announced she'd found me another fairy book/ jigsaw puzzle. I feigned excitement.
    I now have fairy statues in every nook and cranny of the house and it only occurred to me yesterday that I've been polite and gracious but really don't want or even like them 😳
    Haha oh dear. When I first had DS1, I had a deep love of peasant skirts. My then MIL would not stop buying them for me even though the ones she picked were so not my style. Think sequins and mirrors!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Man braids!!! Wtf!! I've lost faith in humanity 😒

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

kriista  (19-01-2016),TheGooch  (19-01-2016),Tiny Dancer  (19-01-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    My son is trying to make my head explode.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go to sleep child! You know the rule is one story and one song in bed then quiet cuddles until you fall asleep so why must you test me every single night?!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Kimmmm  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I got give a sixth foot freezer. I desperately want to bake fill it with school treats and pre made dinners. Here's the vent part. I have to wait for dh to do some stuff before I can turn it on. He won't be able to do it for 2 more days... patience isn't my best quality. Bad wifey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD isn't feeding to sleep anymore so I'm putting her to bed awake and she cries a bit and goes to sleep. This is relatively new in our house.

Nap times comes along and DSS tells me that I'm a bad mother, I don't care about DD, I don't take care of her and I mustn't love her because she's crying. Way to break my heart. I know he's saying this out of love for his sister but it cut deep.

And she wouldn't be so bloody tired of he didn't wake her up from her previous nap 😡

Bad day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    DD isn't feeding to sleep anymore so I'm putting her to bed awake and she cries a bit and goes to sleep. This is relatively new in our house.

Nap times comes along and DSS tells me that I'm a bad mother, I don't care about DD, I don't take care of her and I mustn't love her because she's crying. Way to break my heart. I know he's saying this out of love for his sister but it cut deep.

And she wouldn't be so bloody tired of he didn't wake her up from her previous nap 😡

Bad day.
    Just to say the obvious - you're definitely not a bad mother.
    Learning new sleep habits is hard, and your DD won't like it. It will (hopefully) improve. Big hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Just to say the obvious - you're definitely not a bad mother.
    Learning new sleep habits is hard, and your DD won't like it. It will (hopefully) improve. Big hugs.
    Thank you

It was just one of those days where everything got to me. I'm so utterly sleep deprived and have pangs of guilt about leaving DD in her cot - DSS struck a very raw nerve on a very tired/grumpy me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Thank you

It was just one of those days where everything got to me. I'm so utterly sleep deprived and have pangs of guilt about leaving DD in her cot - DSS struck a very raw nerve on a very tired/grumpy me.
    I totally get it. You're not alone. Mummy guilt is a monster, and sleep deprivation makes everything a hundred time worse. Be kind to yourself.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (19-01-2016)