Closed Thread
Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My most recent interation with my toddler... (background is DH gave me a chocolate milk with ice)
    DS: what's that? (Pointing at ice)
    Me: It is ice
    DS: *dissolves into tears* But I want a hot one
    Me: But this is mummy's. I will make you a warm one
    DS: *tears turns into sobs* Noooooo! I want that one! Hot one!
    *This is repeated about 20 times*
    DS finally settles down and DH is back upstairs
    DH: Did you want warm milk?
    DS: *swallowing tears* yes

DH heats up milk

DS: Where is my cold milk *dissolves into tears*

Bedtime cannot come fast enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Move into our new house today - it's filthy. Like, hasn't even had the usual weekly clean done, let alone an end of lease clean. The lawn has weeds up to my waist and grass half way up my shins (I may be short, but I still think that's unacceptable). There are still belongings from the previous tenant here. There is no plumbing for cold water in the laundry because the previous tenant took it apart. The garage door wouldn't open with the remote, and then completely broke (partly open) when using the buttons on the motor. And there is no key for the back door.

Also, I really appreciate mum looking after DS for me while we were organising the move (which she volunteered for, I had no intention of asking), but when I give specific instructions about nap timing because his sleep is already an issue, and he hasn't had a decent sleep in a week because of the heat and moving, is it so hard to at least attempt to put him down? If you had, I might not have had to have him scream/cry every time I tried to feed him/bath him/dress him/stop stair climbing/get him away from the cat/give him a drink/put him to bed.

Glad today is over.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Massive hugs @Tiny Dancer
    Make sure you complete condition report thoroughly and take photos of the state of the property.
    Not good enough !
    I hope your son's sleep gets back on track soon too xx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (16-01-2016),Tiny Dancer  (16-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @GucciDahling. I'm going to clean it myself because it's disgusting and I can't wait til they can get cleaners in on Monday. I'll tell them they can get the cleaners in when we leave the house instead - we'll leave it in better condition thqn the previous tenants, even if we don't clean for a couple of weeks before we go. We've taken heaps of photos, and I'll do the condition report as best I can, but there is no way for me to write all the marks/dents etc on the walls. I'll be sugar soaping for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #6

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Thanks @GucciDahling. I'm going to clean it myself because it's disgusting and I can't wait til they can get cleaners in on Monday. I'll tell them they can get the cleaners in when we leave the house instead - we'll leave it in better condition thqn the previous tenants, even if we don't clean for a couple of weeks before we go. We've taken heaps of photos, and I'll do the condition report as best I can, but there is no way for me to write all the marks/dents etc on the walls. I'll be sugar soaping for sure.
    Just say things like - lounge room, 5 marks on left wall, 6 on right etc. And photograph and document everything (they can't argue with photos). And if your PCR currently says clean and tidy, I would be making an apt with the PM's boss to complain. That is not on. I moved into a house the same - said everything was clean, blinds in good condition etc. half the blinds weren't even hung, the place was filthy and the oven was feral. They left rubbish, didn't do Windows etc. I spoke to the boss as clearly the PM was useless and got a weeks free rent plus a cleaner to finish the things I hadn't done (moved in late Friday). I also pretty much completely rewrote the PCR.

About 12 months later, I started working as a PM in their other office and they sent my crap PM to train me. Hil.ar.ious.

If you want any help, send me a PM. Long out of the biz now, but happy to offer advice 😃

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (17-01-2016),Tiny Dancer  (17-01-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #6

If you need to attach another piece of paper to the report I would.
    But as @Californication says, you can be brief about each room.
    I would hate for you to get to the end of your tenancy and they try and claim something was your fault and charge you for it when, by the sounds of things, they should be compensating you for the state of the property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just gagged on my vitamin now feel like I'm going to vomit 😷

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum keeps buying me fairies and fairy related things. At some point in time she got the impression that I like them. I think it was when I was pregnant with DD and she gave me a book with gorgeous garden fairy illustrations done in the 1940's, which I honestly thought were beautiful. From then on she's got it in her head that I love fairies and has bought me more fairy books, statues, ornaments and jigsaw puzzles. They are just not my thing but I can't bring myself to tell her when she lovingly presents me with these items.
    Yesterday I was on the phone with her and she announced she'd found me another fairy book/ jigsaw puzzle. I feigned excitement.
    I now have fairy statues in every nook and cranny of the house and it only occurred to me yesterday that I've been polite and gracious but really don't want or even like them 😳

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

harvs  (19-01-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ha ha @~Marigold~, mums can be so frustrating hey?

The other day I posted a photo to facey of DS holding my favourite book from childhood. I was so excited that he loves it and couldn't wait to email mum the picture.

Mum has no memory of the book nor of the many many nights we spent reading it together! I was irrationally annoyed at her...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (19-01-2016),TheGooch  (19-01-2016),~Marigold~  (19-01-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Ha ha @~Marigold~, mums can be so frustrating hey?

The other day I posted a photo to facey of DS holding my favourite book from childhood. I was so excited that he loves it and couldn't wait to email mum the picture.

Mum has no memory of the book nor of the many many nights we spent reading it together! I was irrationally annoyed at her...
    That's not irrational, you poor thing! I would have been a bit heartbroken myself x 😞

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (19-01-2016)