Closed Thread
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I think that's a 'thing'. I know people try and get the ugliest/most ridiculous looking characters to play. My DH told me we are watching the cricket tonight so no Fallout (I don't mind watching cricket)
    I was surprised ... he turned it off just before we had dinner and is now watching some stand up comedy show

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emmiejayne View Post
    Oh my dp is a massive fan of it too!!! Can be soooo frustrating

Has spent so many hours playing it since he got it ... almost as bad as the witcher 3
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    And DH made his Fallout character look like the Witcher character... *sigh*. At least I am not alone!
    lol.. I play both of these games too. Dp & I both a little fallout obsessed but relationship, family time and housework & work still always comes first!
    I've had all this week off from work and ive been enjoying the last week of kids at school before holidays start playing ridiculous amounts of fallout 4. Not a chance next week so getting my fill now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I swear if the new Ghostbusters movie turns out to be a hit. I am soooo going to laugh at everyone for dragging it through the dirt before knowing anything other then the cast and that they are all women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The cat will not leave me alone. He is big and heavy and walks all over me and wants to lie on my chest. Next to me is a comfortable couch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    No, only a couple splinters cleaning it up. I've heard of it happening while cooking but not stone cold. I was still holding the handle when I jumped away. It was still making crackling noises 10 minutes later. It's about 2-3 years old. I wanted another one so I had 2 to do desserts and breakfast as well as dinner, not a new one to replace the now broken one. Hopefully I can just source a new lid. It's a seemingly standard round lid.

Im just so stunned the way it exploded.

(The funny part is most people who know me have had a "the slow cooker is so good, you gotta have at least one" speech from me. Any one I tell will be all like "not the slow cooker!" Lol
    Maybe I should be more gentle with mine LOL. I have 2, one large, one medium. Use it a lot in winter. So easy!

You should be able to get a new lid. Even if a homewares place has to order one in.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Maybe I should be more gentle with mine LOL. I have 2, one large, one medium. Use it a lot in winter. So easy!

You should be able to get a new lid. Even if a homewares place has to order one in.
    I've seen a few people on the slow cooker sites saying they found a saucepan lid that fits and they just go on using that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post

The funny thing is I was being careful. Very careful.

Yeah I measured it yesterday so hopefully I will find one easily enough. I just need to get dp's and mil birthday, Christmas and dd2 birthday out of the way so I can look properly. They are all within a week of each other.

Eta: one of my scan pan lids fit
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 18-12-2015 at 14:38.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Californication  (20-12-2015),HeavenBlue  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Unloading the now cold dishwasher and put my slow cooker base away and gently place the lid on that I hand washed the night before because it wouldn't fit in the dishwasher and as I place the lid on it explodes in my hand. Explodes. In. My. Hand.

EXPLODES!

I didn't even clink it against anything.

It

EXPLODED!
    OMG. That's horrible. Hugs jugs hugs

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Our kitten won't stop kneading my belly. It bloody soft because it so dam fat you don't need to soften it anymore. I need to clip his claws. I think I might die from 1000 tiny cat scratches. Lol.
    Apparently I am not allowed to type Γ³n my phone. My Hands are made for patting him not typing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Our kitten won't stop kneading my belly. It bloody soft because it so dam fat you don't need to soften it anymore. I need to clip his claws. I think I might die from 1000 tiny cat scratches. Lol.
    Apparently I am not allowed to type Γ³n my phone. My Hands are made for patting him not typing.
    My cat still does that. He is huge, heavy and has massive paws and claws. He not only does it on my belly but my legs, arms, chest. Love him though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-12-2015)