How can I have been so irresponsible to be in this situation again? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You always have a choice and I hope that does provide you with at least some form of comfort.

These things happen and it's up to you to decide what's best for you. No matter what you choose, you are not a bad person and you have nothing to feel guilty or shameful about.

Take it one step at a time. Take the test when you can and go from there...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

2plus2makesnotsure  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    so sorry to hear about your dh being so ill and the tough predicament you potentially find yourself in. sending massive hugs and strength to you all during this difficult time. hopefully AF arrives and this is nothing more than a nasty scare.

don't mean to ask a stupid/personal question but are you using contraception? if whatever you're using is not convenient or not working, could you look at switching to something more suitable?

be kind to yourselves and stay strong xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    so sorry to hear about your dh being so ill and the tough predicament you potentially find yourself in. sending massive hugs and strength to you all during this difficult time. hopefully AF arrives and this is nothing more than a nasty scare.

don't mean to ask a stupid/personal question but are you using contraception? if whatever you're using is not convenient or not working, could you look at switching to something more suitable?

be kind to yourselves and stay strong xx
    Thank you. Its a good question about contraception. We were advised after DHs first round of treatment that he was going to be permanently infertile. An upside to this was that I could stop taking the pill as it had never really agreed with me (migraine) and instead we were advised to switch to condoms by our oncologist to protect me from the very low risk of chemical transfer. We have been VERY inactive over the last year - maybe 4 times DTD as DH feels pretty crappy most of the time and tbh on those very rare occasions a bit lax with contraception - very foolish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default How can I have been so irresponsible to be in this situation again?

Quote Originally Posted by 2plus2makesnotsure View Post
    Thank you. Its a good question about contraception. We were advised after DHs first round of treatment that he was going to be permanently infertile. An upside to this was that I could stop taking the pill as it had never really agreed with me (migraine) and instead we were advised to switch to condoms by our oncologist to protect me from the very low risk of chemical transfer. We have been VERY inactive over the last year - maybe 4 times DTD as DH feels pretty crappy most of the time and tbh on those very rare occasions a bit lax with contraception - very foolish.
    if you'd been advised he'd likely be infertile after the chemo then I don't blame you for being a bit lax on the contraception front. understandably he's probably not feeling up to a lot of sex but I would totally be the same as you, to do it a handful of times plus being told he's probably not fertile, you wouldn't think your chances of falling pregnant would be very high.

fingers crossed it's just a scare. do you usually get preg symptoms that early? I know I tend to symptom watch but honestly, my main and only symptom is AF not showing up.

take another test in a few days. if you've taken one already and it's BFN and you're only a couple of days out then I would think you're in the clear as a test would be showing a BFP by now??

Hope you get your BFN (feels weird saying that on bubhub!!) xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op, so sorry to hear about your DH.
    I work in sexual health and honestly I hear stories just like yours all the time. You are not alone. You are not irresponsible. It happens. All the time. Please contact someone like Marie Stopes International who can help you with some counselling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am so sorry to hear about your DH and can only imagine how you're feeling right now. Please be kind on yourself, you haven't done anything wrong. Sending you lot's of .

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm so sorry to hear about your DH.

Take only good care of each other and try (as hard as it might be) to avoid the guilt trap. You have enough going on without adding guilt to the mix

Huge hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully a false alarm.
    So sorry about your Dh :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to give you some virtual hugs and support.

I'm so sorry about your husband. Please be kind on yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going hun? Has AF arrived? Hope you're doing ok x