Ok- I need some advice. It's a bit long winded so bear with me.
I'm a single Mum. I have a 10yr old. We currently live in Sydney in close proximity to my family. He goes to a private school (only important for the consideration of cost). I (and he) have always wanted to move north to Coffs Harbour (some 8hrs drive away). We have family up there (DS's Dad side whom we are close to), and I've decided it's now or never and I'm doing it. I would like DS to start school up there in the new year.
So, I've been manically applying for jobs but so far nothing.
My question that I would like to put out there is this. What do I do if come the end of January- I don't have a job? Would you;
a) Enrol DS back in the private school down here- possibly uprooting him mid term and paying for part term that I wont use.
b) take leave (I would have about 10 weeks leave at this stage) and hope I get a job before it runs out- but if not, at least I can come back. And in part to this- do I tell work as I'd be taking leave over a very busy time and they'd likely not approve it. And also- if DS is already enrolled in the school there- I'd have to pull him out again and re-enroll him into another school down here.
c) Or do I resign and take my pay out and also hope I get a job before the money runs out.
So- please feel free to give me your opinions (or better still- offer me a job in Coffs Harbour!!! )