+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I deleted my dad and step mum for anti vaccination posts (multiple times a day). Racism is another I won't tolerate.

I have DH's family on a family list. When posting kids photos everyone can see. When posting status updates not relating to the kids I just choose friends except family.

Unless you're family or I would catch up with you regularly I unfriend.
    Last edited by just her chameleon; 21-10-2015 at 06:47.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I have created another human and you can't be bothered to click like, and I don't see you in real life, I won't keep you around.

For me Facebook is about interaction. If you're not interacting with me on FB or in real life then I see no reason to stay fb friends.

I'm happy to have people I don't see in real life often, as I often get great advice from them. I'm not a person who just uses it to post about how great their life is, I show warts and all and people are helpful.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (21-10-2015),FirstTimeMummy2012  (21-10-2015),Foxy  (21-10-2015),Mamasupial  (21-10-2015),VicPark  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saved myself the stress of culling and just deactivated my account. My 'real' friends and I contact each other far more now than we did before and it's great.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WannaBMummy82 For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For those of you that cull, has anyone you've unfriended ever asked you why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I culled a lot of work people while I was on mat leave and had a few people ask me about it when I returned. I just told them that I wanted to just keep my account for close family & friends only. They totally understood and a couple of them followed suit and did the same.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I do and I've never been asked.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll only keep family members, and people whose phone numbers I have and I would actually call. Mainly due to security reasons - I've got the settings as tight as I can and still had someone try to friend me as an intimidation tactic (work related stuff). I don't want that to happen again, and I don't want anyone so inclined to do that sort of thing to know anything about me or my family. No one culled last time has asked me why, but a couple of people have tried to add me again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    People I dont have anything to do with. A lot of friends live in other states, but we interact regularly so obviously I dont delete them, but people who I knew in the past but never speak to now. Its not personal, I just don't want people on my friends list so they can snoop. The only time I have ever been asked why I deleted someone is a few years ago when I hit a really low patch and deleted a lot of friends. I didnt saying anything, just deleted them. One friend messaged me not long after asking why.

I unfollow people more than I delete now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The last time I culled I was having an emo eff you world cry so I deleted many lol

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015),Mamasupial  (21-10-2015)