+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What makes you delete someone from Facebook?

Scrolling through FB tonight I realised I hadn't seen any posts from a girl I used to be friendly with and saw that she had unfriended me. We still have 8 mutual friends and I know a lot of people on her friends list.

I'm not an oversharer, just the occasional kid picture and very occasional check in.

It's no big deal but I guess my feelings are a little hurt and I'll never know why she "deleted" me.

I have never unfriended anyone just unfollowed one very racist family member so I don't see their posts on my feed.

So what makes you unfriend someone on Facebook?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Once I unfriended everyone that I didn't speak to directly in the last year.

Big culling!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Once I unfriended everyone that I didn't speak to directly in the last year.

Big culling!!
    Thanks, that's actually a great idea and it's not personal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    People I haven't spoken to recently or don't wish to speak to, anyone racist, anyone that posts crap against Islam.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-10-2015),Foxy  (20-10-2015),GlitterFarts  (21-10-2015),PipersMummy  (21-10-2015),sarah1502  (21-10-2015),Wise Enough  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only keep people on that I'm friends with and see in real life. There are a few that are family friends and some extended family I don't see heaps but want to share photos with. I don't keep acquaintances, if it's an ex-colleague or really old high school friend I never see, I will delete. Just did a huge cull, I'm choosy about who can see my personal life and especially the few photos of ds on there.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015),SAgirl  (28-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People that I wouldn't stop and talk to in the street get the chop on a regular basis. Those who live the perfect 'fb life' when I know it's a lie. Anyone that posts any racist or bigoted posts and people who like stupid pages and then I keep seeing the posts they like. People who whine about everything get hidden from my timeline.....I like to do the occasional stalk. I also don't add anyone from work unless we catch up outside of work.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015),PipersMummy  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People who post or like racist or prejudiced posts.
    People who report things (or might) to my ex, although I got rid of them a long time ago.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Anyone I don't interact with regularly on Facebook. I've removed people who I see a lot in real life who just don't post regularly so I cut them, or people who post about something really specific that doesn't particularly interest me. Eg people who only post pictures of their dogs or only about their upcoming gigs or a particular cause they're interested in. Even if I'm friends with them IRL I delete them off Facebook because what they use it for isn't what I'm interested in. It's very rarely personal.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015),Rosam  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've culled people who I feel I don't know very well. I need to cull again actually, I've got a few people there who may even be Bubhub members who are friends of friends and I don't recall actually meeting them. I feel a bit weird having people on there who I haven't met IRL.

I might also delete old classmates from school who I doubt I'll ever see again. I went to my 20 year school reunion this year and I've decided that I'm not going to another one. I'm done with that!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Scrolling through FB tonight I realised I hadn't seen any posts from a girl I used to be friendly with and saw that she had unfriended me. We still have 8 mutual friends and I know a lot of people on her friends list.

I'm not an oversharer, just the occasional kid picture and very occasional check in.

It's no big deal but I guess my feelings are a little hurt and I'll never know why she "deleted" me.

I have never unfriended anyone just unfollowed one very racist family member so I don't see their posts on my feed.

So what makes you unfriend someone on Facebook?
    TBH I would probably delete you too based on what you said- if you're only posting very rarely I would probably delete you even if I liked you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (21-10-2015)