+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked
    377
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default My partner stinks!

    Yes .. He stinks.
    DP: "qrazelna I smell so bad why?!!"
    Qrazelna: "hey I don't know ill ask bubhub!"

    So it's his underarms that really smell it's kind of always been there but he's so self conscious of it now it's really affecting his confidence. He washes well and it often smells a little straight after the shower. Once he starts sweating it's really on. Even after washing his t shirts they stink. I wash my clothes separate to his and they don't smell so I don't think it's my laundry skills (even though they are minimal)
    He always uses anti perspiring deodorant (spray). I have a feeling it is due to his absolutely shocking diet (lucky if his body gets a vegetable once a week) but he is of normal weight.


    Any suggestions on what this may be and how to fix it (without going to a gp - he flat out refuses) and any suggestions on his laundry issue?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked
    615
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is it that he sweats excessively? So he's sweaty when most people are not? You can purchase at the chemist a product that reduces sweating..DriClor I think, it's like a roll on deodorant. My ExDH had a similar problem and the DriClor helped heaps. You use it once a week or when you start stinking again! Might be worth a try...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    239
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    76
    Reviews
    0
    Roll on anti perspirant, not spray ! Then sometimes I use spray over the top of
    The roll on. Hth?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,094
    Thanks
    1,386
    Thanked
    1,357
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It may be his diet, does he drink enough water? (To flush his system out)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,965
    Thanks
    706
    Thanked
    2,303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also regarding deodorant try the clinical strength ones too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanks
    4,776
    Thanked
    4,210
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    do other parts of his body stink? like his feet? my dh has the same issue, his underarm bo is really strong despite him wearing super strength antiperspirant deodorant. his gym clothes need to be boiled practically.

    a friend of mine used to have the same issue and she had a little operation where the sweat glands under her arms were cut. after that she found she's sweat more evenly over her body and found her underarms didn't stink anymore.

    I've told my dh he should get the same op but he's not keen. luckily we live in Melbourne and its pretty chilly most of the year so his sweating issue isn't too bad.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,234
    Thanks
    652
    Thanked
    893
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default My partner stinks!

    I would assume it's his diet, no amount of anti perspirant will help.

    Maybe more water, some veggies and fruit would help??

    I have hyperhydrosis - my hands and feet sweat abnormally. But it doesn't smell at all. It's just an absolute pain in the ....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,732
    Thanks
    1,522
    Thanked
    1,963
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's probably the specific species of bacteria that live on him. Change of diet might change the conditions, and hence the bacteria... But honestly... You can't expect to find a proper answer without going to a doctor. They'd look at exactly what's living there and give relevant advice.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked
    377
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    Is it that he sweats excessively? So he's sweaty when most people are not? You can purchase at the chemist a product that reduces sweating..DriClor I think, it's like a roll on deodorant. My ExDH had a similar problem and the DriClor helped heaps. You use it once a week or when you start stinking again! Might be worth a try...
    No he doesn't sweat excessively I probably sweat more than he does. Worth taking a look at this product thanks!


    Quote Originally Posted by mumofgremlins View Post
    Roll on anti perspirant, not spray ! Then sometimes I use spray over the top of
    The roll on. Hth?
    Yeah I use roll on too but he reckons his underarm hairs are too long and thick for the roll on deodorants to get his skin haha

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    For his clothes you could try soaking them bicarb soda (dissolved in a bucket).

    If you tumble dry his clothes, see how they go on the clothesline for a day - fresh air and sunshine can work wonders.
    Yep they go out on the line - I'll get him to try the bicarb soda when he washes next


    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    It may be his diet, does he drink enough water? (To flush his system out)
    I don't think so! He mostly has soft drink. He's a chef and drinks a lot of water while working but he would be sweating a lot then too being over a hot grill 10 hours a day

    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Also regarding deodorant try the clinical strength ones too.


    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    do other parts of his body stink? like his feet? my dh has the same issue, his underarm bo is really strong despite him wearing super strength antiperspirant deodorant. his gym clothes need to be boiled practically.

    a friend of mine used to have the same issue and she had a little operation where the sweat glands under her arms were cut. after that she found she's sweat more evenly over her body and found her underarms didn't stink anymore.

    I've told my dh he should get the same op but he's not keen. luckily we live in Melbourne and its pretty chilly most of the year so his sweating issue isn't too bad.
    Nope just the underarms! I don't get close enough to his feet to check hahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I would assume it's his diet, no amount of anti perspirant will help.

    Maybe more water, some veggies and fruit would help??

    I have hyperhydrosis - my hands and feet sweat abnormally. But it doesn't smell at all. It's just an absolute pain in the ....
    Yes I would love for him to eat like this! Unfortunately it's pizza 6 nights a week, McDonald's twice a week and hey that's got lettuce on the burgers right?! It's absolutely shocking he eats like a 12 year old but that's an issue for another day ;-)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,670
    Thanks
    1,961
    Thanked
    2,573
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    It's probably the specific species of bacteria that live on him. Change of diet might change the conditions, and hence the bacteria... But honestly... You can't expect to find a proper answer without going to a doctor. They'd look at exactly what's living there and give relevant advice.
    I second this. Best thing would be to shave his armpits to allow them to be cleaned properly with antibacterial soap.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Need help- partner wants to move
    By 1sttimer084 in forum Dads Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 22-02-2015, 19:39
  2. What's wrong with my partner?! :/
    By tazz475 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 21:53
  3. How do I help my partner with anxiety?
    By Lincolns mummy in forum Anxiety & Panic Disorders
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-10-2014, 15:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!