+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Yes, before our daughter passed away, we were often taking ambulance trips to the RCH because of her asthma, and so I had a bag packed and stored it in the laundry.

I had pjs for Sian, a change of clothes for me, a toiletry bag with toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, hairbrush, hair ties for Sian.

It also had in it, spare change for the vending machines, her portable DVD player and charger, as well as some DVDs, nighttime pull-ups for her, green tea bags for me, some snacky food for me, sachets of her PKU formula. All I had to do as we left was throw in my phone charger.

It's now been three and a half years since she grew her angel wings 👼🏼, and I still can't unpack our bag. It's still where it was the last time we needed it - on the laundry shelf 😢.
    I just want to send you so many hugs. Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Yes, before our daughter passed away, we were often taking ambulance trips to the RCH because of her asthma, and so I had a bag packed and stored it in the laundry.

I had pjs for Sian, a change of clothes for me, a toiletry bag with toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, hairbrush, hair ties for Sian.

It also had in it, spare change for the vending machines, her portable DVD player and charger, as well as some DVDs, nighttime pull-ups for her, green tea bags for me, some snacky food for me, sachets of her PKU formula. All I had to do as we left was throw in my phone charger.

It's now been three and a half years since she grew her angel wings 👼🏼, and I still can't unpack our bag. It's still where it was the last time we needed it - on the laundry shelf 😢.
    I have sent you a PM @siansmum not sure if you got it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs @siansmum

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh gosh. It never really occurred to me to have a grab bag like this but it is a good idea. Particularly since my laundry is always in such a shambles, dh would never be able to round everything up for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    No I don't have one. With 4 kids and no one with a particular reason to make regular hospital trips I don't see the need. I've had multiple kids in hospital over the years and it never takes more than a minute to throw stuff together at the last minute.

If I had a child with an illness that I knew might result in regular trips I'd probably have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep I do. I am three hours away from hospital and we often have to go in asap and have done for the last two years so I have bags for all of us packed and always have a bag with a clean school uniform and PJ's for my older two because they sometimes have been left with friends when we're doing a dash to Perth.
    For all of us I have clothes and Pjs, for me I have Pj's, change of clothes, toiletries, a hoodie, socks, medication list, phone charger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking about it, it would be good to have one in case of evacuation as well ( floods, storms, fire)