+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks @turquoisecoast yes we had offered to pay for them instead of gifts (we normally do KK but it always seems like a waste of $, we don't need gifts, would rather just the company on the day). Perhaps it is that they are too proud to accept us paying for them. I can't think of any other reason why they would refuse.

I'm going to invite them based on us paying but give them the option to decline if they'd really rather not celebrate. Then it's their decision they can live with. As much as it pains me I reckon they would be much happier playing golf on Christmas Day. Whatever, their choice. Knowing then I'll get a phone call 3 days before asking if there are still seats available 😫

I'm taking a back seat and just going to try stay out of it. It's hard when you love and care about them but they do have to make their own decisions. As long as they are honest with us - not going to get involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Thanks @turquoisecoast yes we had offered to pay for them instead of gifts (we normally do KK but it always seems like a waste of $, we don't need gifts, would rather just the company on the day). Perhaps it is that they are too proud to accept us paying for them. I can't think of any other reason why they would refuse.

I'm going to invite them based on us paying but give them the option to decline if they'd really rather not celebrate. Then it's their decision they can live with. As much as it pains me I reckon they would be much happier playing golf on Christmas Day. Whatever, their choice. Knowing then I'll get a phone call 3 days before asking if there are still seats available 😫

I'm taking a back seat and just going to try stay out of it. It's hard when you love and care about them but they do have to make their own decisions. As long as they are honest with us - not going to get involved.
    there's not much else you can do really. just leave them to their decision. maybe it'll take them missing one Christmas to realise they made the wrong decision and really missed out on spending Xmas with all the family and children? either way, I totally get their decision being hurtful to you. anyone would feel the same way.

re booking for Xmas, can you just book the extra 2 spots anyway? or I guess being Xmas you prob need to prepay and it might end up being money in the bin if they don't come?

tough call. you just have to go with what they've chosen for this year and hope next year is a different outcome.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update, after leaving it for a few weeks I asked m & d again if they would like to come to lunch (our shout), and they agreed! I think it must have just been bad timing earlier. SIL is still being difficult but can't please everyone - they are welcome to come if they want but my organising is done! Looking forward to a stress free xmas day, with plenty of time for a beach swim in the morning 😊😊

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (11-11-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (10-11-2015),SuperGranny  (21-12-2015),Wise Enough  (10-11-2015)