+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low e2

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on slow growing follicles and low e2? I've been on 15 days of stims and my follies are about 14-16mm (growing 1mm a day, tops) and my e2 is much lower than expected (currently 1900 for 13 or 14 follicles)

Are my eggs likely to be terrible quality? Am I likely to get any at all? Does anyone have any experience with a cycle like this?

TIA

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Will come back to post in a min x

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DP has low E2 levels. Her first IVF cycle was cancelled because low levels meant her follicles didn't develop. We did an IUI instead which she got pregnant from, amazingly enough, but sadly miscarried at 9 weeks.

Second cycle her E2 was also low. New FS added Luveris into the mix and her levels improved and she got a good crop of eggs. 16 collected, 12 fertilised. Only 4 made it to day 3, when one was transferred and 3 were frozen. Unfortunately none of those resulted in a pregnancy.

DP is sure her low levels have something to do with our lack of success, but who knows. The Luveris certainly helped with egg growth but I can't comment on quality because I don't know if her eggs were poor quality (although I suspect they were) or we just had bad luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

exilius  (20-10-2015)