+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Why else would I be late??

Currently I'm on CD39 with no sign of it. I had breast tenderness when I was due (used to be a regular 28 day cycle), but she never showed. I'm not on the pill, but there is no possible way I'm pregnant (and def don't want to be!). Between DH being sick and/or away, me being sick and the kids being sick, there's been no action happening.

I've had long cycles before, but that was before I had DD who is now 3.5. They went wonky when I came off the pill but a couple of months of vitex sorted them and we fell with her. But I haven't been on hormonal contraceptive for 12 months as it was messing with me.

I'm only 42. Surely this isn't peri menopause? My period has been a little wonky lately - few days early, few days late, super heavy one month, next to nothing the next. Google is just telling me I'm pregnant. But I doubt I'm the mother of the next J.esus LOL.

When do I worry and head to the Dr?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I have no advice but it can't hurt to head to your gp and get some bloods done to perhaps find an answer? Better than guessing and worrying?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Californication  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Currently I'm on CD39 with no sign of it. I had breast tenderness when I was due (used to be a regular 28 day cycle), but she never showed. I'm not on the pill, but there is no possible way I'm pregnant (and def don't want to be!). Between DH being sick and/or away, me being sick and the kids being sick, there's been no action happening.

I've had long cycles before, but that was before I had DD who is now 3.5. They went wonky when I came off the pill but a couple of months of vitex sorted them and we fell with her. But I haven't been on hormonal contraceptive for 12 months as it was messing with me.

I'm only 42. Surely this isn't peri menopause? My period has been a little wonky lately - few days early, few days late, super heavy one month, next to nothing the next. Google is just telling me I'm pregnant. But I doubt I'm the mother of the next J.esus LOL.

When do I worry and head to the Dr?
    Honeatly, my first thought when I read your post was menopause... I think menopause is 'normal' from age 45 but can occur earlier,so you're only a few years off of it? Sorry if that isnt what you wanted to hear! But I would agree that if youre feeling worried,get checked out xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Women in my family have been pre menopausal in mid 30's and going through it by mid 40's so anything is possible. Go to your GP if you're concerned. Stress can also delayv

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor has a suspicion I may be in the early stages of perimenopause even though I'm only 36 and my mum is only just going through menopause just now at 57. I'm like clockwork but over the past couple of years have had a few 45+ days cycles, awful PMS and terrible skin breakouts. She said perimenopause can start as much as 10 years before menopause (though not common). I'm not suggesting it's what you have, just saying it is possible.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Honeatly, my first thought when I read your post was menopause... I think menopause is 'normal' from age 45 but can occur earlier,so you're only a few years off of it? Sorry if that isnt what you wanted to hear! But I would agree that if youre feeling worried,get checked out xx
    LOL. You REALLY thought it was menopause. Good old BH and the multiple posts LOL!

I have actually wondered about it for a while. I haven't been quite the same since having DD, but when I went to get checked when she was around 18mo, my Dr just told me it can take a while for everything hormonal to settle.

But my libido def isn't what it was, my CM isn't what it used to be either and my hair didn't stop falling out when I was pregnant and I have thinning patches on my hairline just near my fringe (widows peak??), but wasn't sure that was enough while I was still having a somewhat regular cycle. I'm not having hot flushes or anything like that, and my female family members didn't go through it until late 40's. I just don't feel old enough to go "through the change" LOL. It's a wee bit confronting.

I'm (over)due for a pap.smear, so might bit the bullet and book in for that and get some bloods done and whatever other tests they do for these things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    My doctor has a suspicion I may be in the early stages of perimenopause even though I'm only 36 and my mum is only just going through menopause just now at 57. I'm like clockwork but over the past couple of years have had a few 45+ days cycles, awful PMS and terrible skin breakouts. She said perimenopause can start as much as 10 years before menopause (though not common). I'm not suggesting it's what you have, just saying it is possible.
    36? That is early. Hugs. That must be vey confronting. Are you getting any tests done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    36? That is early. Hugs. That must be vey confronting. Are you getting any tests done?
    Nah. I'm fine. Bring on menopause, I'm sick of AF every month 😂 I'm done with kids so really have no feelings one way or the other about it. If my body starts to go really haywire I'll get bloods done but until then it's more just annoying than anything when that odd month of being super late comes along. Costs me a fortune in HPTs as well, even though DH is snipped 😂 Interestingly, I hadn't equated hair loss with it. My hair is thinning but I have a tonne of new growth, I've got constant layers. I used to attribute it to stopping BFing but that was 2 years ago.

The worst part is the PMS and general mood swings. Not sure whether that's part of the same package but that's really hard to deal with because I get so caught up in it. But the idea of menopause doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why else would I be late??

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Nah. I'm fine. Bring on menopause, I'm sick of AF every month 😂 I'm done with kids so really have no feelings one way or the other about it. If my body starts to go really haywire I'll get bloods done but until then it's more just annoying than anything when that odd month of being super late comes along. Costs me a fortune in HPTs as well, even though DH is snipped 😂 Interestingly, I hadn't equated hair loss with it. My hair is thinning but I have a tonne of new growth, I've got constant layers. I used to attribute it to stopping BFing but that was 2 years ago.

The worst part is the PMS and general mood swings. Not sure whether that's part of the same package but that's really hard to deal with because I get so caught up in it. But the idea of menopause doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    I am sick of AF too, definitely don't want more kids and always thought I'd throw a party when menopause appeared, but now it's a possibility, I'm not sure how I feel! Might be the push to get DH to get snipped though as from my reading, I could still ovulate and it would be hard to track if I'm not going to stay in a regular pattern! I'm scared enough as it is just using con.doms.

My hair never stopped shedding when I fell with DS who is now 6. It shed worse after he was born, and never really stopped since! It did slow down when I fell with DD, but I fill up my brush every week. I was scared I'd go bald, but haven't yet LOL.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (20-10-2015)