Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would ring the council.

It's illegal, no two ways around it.

I can somewhat understand why people don't fence in their own secured backyard. But in a shared area?!
    I can't believe the body corporate hasn't done anything either...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

AnchoredEverest  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone for the replies...
    I have in place already a long, tall plant stand that blocks off all but a big enough gap that DS could indeed escape though. For me it's absolutely all about my concern for his safety and nothing more important. The thought of a child lying face down in a wading pool just chills me to the bone and I just can't stand the thought any longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AnchoredEverest View Post
    Thanks so much everyone for the replies...
    I have in place already a long, tall plant stand that blocks off all but a big enough gap that DS could indeed escape though. For me it's absolutely all about my concern for his safety and nothing more important. The thought of a child lying face down in a wading pool just chills me to the bone and I just can't stand the thought any longer.
    I think you have your answer. I hope the council does something!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's against the law. On boxes it says 'must be fenced' blah blah.. Our pool is fenced down side of our house (we actually put proper gates up and all.

Call council, and ring your body corporate can they contact her agent? (I have no idea about renting in those sorts of buildings).

I lived at MILS when kids wee little and she had no fenced pool, still doesn't. I don't visit nor do kids 😡

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check your states laws. In qld you dont have to register and follow pool safety laws on portable pools if they cannot be filled with more than 300ml, max capacity 2000L and no filtration system. They have to do all three things to have to comply with laws. I would hate for you to get into a disagreement with a neighbour to find out they are technically allowed it and then it becomes awkward. In saying that surely there are body corp bylaws that state about how the shared common areas are not to be used permanently with personal goods etc so there should be a workaround from that aspect. . ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1445376899.691703.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MickeyMouse84 For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (21-10-2015)