+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default advice on OPK

i did an OPK test yesterday and got a faint line. I did one today and there was nothing. is that normal? from my cycle before i went on depo, i was every 28 days. i understand that i may not ovulate yet but was just wondering if a line one day and nothing hte next is normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Usually with an opk the test line needs to be as dark as the control line to be considered a positive. The body can naturally have an amount of LH that can be detected on an opk, so you're looking for a really dark line to indicate that you've had an LH surge.

Do you know what cycle day you're up to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to put that. Yesterday I was cycle day 14. My chart says today is my fertile day. I'll continue testing each day until I see a temp shift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Temping is usually more accurate, opks can be tricky as you can easily miss the surge!

Hope your temps do what they're supposed to and you can pinpoint O

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I usually ovulate day 13 or 14 and get my positive on day 10/11. Did you start testing around then? If not, you may have missed your surge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started testing on CD12 all neg so far. My temps are all still low, and my CM is sticky, no egg white as yet. this is my first month of TTC. It has been over 6 years since doing it all, so trying to get back into the hang of it. I'll keep testing and charting it's the only way i'll really know.

Thankyou for the responses it has helped

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have noticed over the last two or three days my boobs are really sore/tender. So I looked up ovulation symptoms, it's amazing what you forget. so reading thru them I noticed that my sense of smell is higher too. My OPK today had a faint line on it. And my CM has been watery for a couple of days. So maybe I haven't o'd yet.