+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Disney on ice - 2 month old, wwyd?

I was planning on taking my 3yo DD to Disney on ice next year as her birthday gift. (Like all the other little girls she's crazy about Frozen) I'll have a 2 month old and I'm hoping to breast feed. I could plan for DH to take DD to the show but I really wanted to go with her, do you think it would be ok for us to take the new baby and if he/she needs a feed or cries during the show I could duck out while DH stays with DD? Or should I just stay home with bub and send DD with DH? Wwyd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take the whole family! You might have a totally chilled Bub. If not, your plan will work fine. Sounds like fun!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would buy tickets for the whole family. At 2 months I have found my kids to be pretty portable, especially when breastfed (though I know this isn't the case for everyone)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plan A - take everyone! Enjoy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do it. Take the family. Have fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my neice to Disney on ice a couple years ago. Seemed like every second person had a little bub in a carrier! In Perth it was very much a family event, totally suitable to take your youngest with you. All the little girls (and some boys) were dressed up as their favourite characters, it was a lot of fun.
    Go, take the whole family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies! I bought tickets for all of us, so excited, hoping baby #2 is easy going 🙏🏼

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (19-10-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (20-10-2015),Qwerty  (20-10-2015),Shrillian  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Yup! At 2 months old, have bub in a Hug-a-Bub or similar. If they need a feed you can even do it right there (if you're comfortable doing so). Newborns are so easy!!! Also, it's a kid-friendly event so I don't doubt there'll be other babies/criers there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a family event, there will be little kids and babies everywhere. No one will care if your bub cries a bit and personally I wouldn't even take bub out to breastfeed. It's dark in there when the show is on, I doubt if anyone would even notice you feeding. Just go, and enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm in a similar situation however I chose not to take the newbie.

They're very portable, easy to feed and sleep everywhere BUT I wanted to have some one on one time with my toddler.
    He was so excited that it was just mummy and him!! It sounds silly but I guess he must have felt like I always had a baby strapped on me (and it certainly felt this way).

Also it was an occasion for DH to have one on one time with newbie 😊

Just a different perspective!