+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default BFP with low motility & 0 morphology - anyone?

I'm wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation (specifically with 0 morphology) and had a viable pregnancy?

After a MC last year at 7.5 weeks I can't muster up much enthusiasm for this BFP, but not only that, I'm desperately worried that bad sperm morphology = bad dna, as I'm reading conflicting things. I would love the advice of anyone who has experienced such troubles personally.

ETA: We both had "chromosome tests" done last month, and while I don't have the results of these yet, were told they were normal. Would this tell anything about the sperm dna, or no?

Ironically, I was meant to be at my follow up IVF appointment RIGHT NOW to sign up for IVF ICSI for these sperm troubles. And I got my BFP a year to the day of my D&C. Surely the universe cannot be so cruel ??
    Last edited by happy444; 19-10-2015 at 14:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default BFP with low motility & 0 morphology - anyone?

I don't have any advice but I couldn't read and run! I've recently been researching recurring miscarriage for a friend (long story) and an amazing piece of advice that I came across was "just focus on the fact that as of RIGHT NOW you are pregnant". It's so easy to get caught up in all the bad things that could happen that you can forget to enjoy what you currently have!

I've had a miscarriage in the past myself and I know that the first trimester is complete balls! How far along are you? With both my pregnancy with DS and this pregnancy, I didn't really bond with the baby until after the 12 week NT scan when we got good results. I got a dating scan both times, though, and seeing a heartbeat and a baby that measured to dates was a big relief and got me through to my NT scan (with a sneaky extra scan around 9-10 weeks both times!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, youre so right of course. I really need to get into a better head space but it's so hard! If I didn't have this bad sperm stuff in my head itd be easier I think, , just have to hope its the 1 good sperm from the millions that is healthy and strong!

I'm only just over 4 weeks, missed my period over the weekend but have been watching the line grow darker since 9dpo.
    I will feel much better when I make it past 7.5wks. And reaching 12 weeks would be a dream!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Stay positive! Have you been to the doctor yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a blood test that my doctor gave me a referral for months ago, she called yesterday and said the number was 120 at 14dpo. And Im booked to see her next Thursday but Im just completely filled with dread at the thought of it, I don't want to hash over numbers in blood tests etc. Just don't want to do the doctor thing yet.
    Also I have a wedding of a close family member the next day that I can't be showing up stressed or depressed for if my numbers are sh*t! So I'll take the next hcg bt on the following Monday.

I'm seeing my acupuncturist tomorrow to start miscarriage prevention treatment and I'm really looking forward to that, especially because I cld feel my body balancing with her treatment these last few months and feel that she is the reason I'm even in this position.

How far along are you When did you relax and start to enjoy?

ETA- Despite my feelings about seeing the doctor, I woke up feeling really positive today. This is a new pregnancy and anything can happen! I'm just enjoying it for now, taking it day by day. But I'll still be super relieved to get out of the first trimester that's for sure!
    Last edited by happy444; 21-10-2015 at 12:21.