+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    You are fitter and healthier so keep going.

Did you take your measurements?
    No I should have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Any difference in your clothes or appearance? What sort of exercise are you doing - it does take a bit of work to put on muscle.....

Have a look at your food intake and make sure that you're not eating more due to being more hungry from exercise etc - takes a good 30-45 minutes at least of moderate exercise just to burn off the equivalent of a kit Kat.
    Definitely clothes fitting better and I can see a difference too. I'm doing 5km walks 4 times a week and circuit training once a week. I'm not eating more and I'm eating healthy. I only treat myself a little on the weekends. I lost 19kg a few years back eating similar and not exercising at all.

I'm in a healthy weight range tho ( not overweight) but still...I only just in that range at 160cm tall and hovering between 64-65kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    70.1kg and yep, my head just isn't in it all. I find harvest such a hard time of year and have a clinic appointment on Monday and so anxious about it and i just want to eat the potatoes. Any kind of potato or bread or potato bread.
    I feel like I'm never going to shift these last two kilos and tbh, 68 isn't even my ultimate goal.
    Blerghh nerr
    I've found a sweet potato brownie recipe that I've been meaning to try. If it will help you get to Monday in a better place, I'll post it for you.

I remember harvest being very stressful for my grandparents and uncles - hope you do well and the weather is kind 😀

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    As you lose weight your calorie requirement becomes less and less. So you may need to eat less food or up the exercise to break through the plateau.
    😕 why can't we just eat what we want lol. OK I'll be even more careful with my food and try and throw some extra workouts in too. I only really want to lose another 4-5kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    72.9.. 1.2kg lost so far, very slowly but I'm fine with that as long as it's heading in the right direction!!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    71.8 today. 300gms loss, with almost no exercise so im surprised. I feel I have found a good eating and exercise routine, that I will be happy to live with. Next goal 65 kgs. marie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Countdown to Christmas Weight Loss Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    No I should have
    Bummer! But if your clothes are fitting better then you definitely will be losing cm. I have lost a heap of cm in the past over a month but had very little weight loss during the same month.

Just remember that a plateau is normal.

Are you running or walking the 5km? You could always step it up by doing an extra km.

To lose the last bit of weight, I would suggest increasing your strength training and ditching a walking session or try and fit an an extra strength session or 2.

Whilst cardio is great for fat burning, it also eats up muscle. Strength training increases muscle. Once you stop walking/jogging the calories also stop burning but when you do strength training, you continue to burn calories long after your work out is finished.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing strength training in the circuit training I'm doing which I love. I did a session today. I might drop one walk and circuit train instead.

I mainly walk but do some running. I'm trying to run more as my fitness improves so might try and challenge myself by running more too. The 5km I do has a lot of inclines too, its quite hilly around here 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea I'll give that a go thank you 😊 its the inclines around here that will kill me tho!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Countdown to Christmas Weight Loss Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I'm doing strength training in the circuit training I'm doing which I love. I did a session today. I might drop one walk and circuit train instead.

I mainly walk but do some running. I'm trying to run more as my fitness improves so might try and challenge myself by running more too. The 5km I do has a lot of inclines too, its quite hilly around here 😊
    Yeh, I walk 5km Sunday - Thursday and there's one hill that's a killer, but my friend and I just did our first 10km run and our goal is the city to surf next August 😬 Heartbreak hill 😱

But cardio isn't my thing. I do it and I enjoy it but I don't love it like I love strength training. I love it when my muscles are sore the next day or two after a good strength session!

What kind of strength exercises do you do?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (14-11-2015)