+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Countdown to Christmas Weight Loss Challenge

10 weeks to go, everyone. Will update with my weight and measurements tomorrow.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will continue with the challenge. I have lost 10 kgs since joining a gym, and healthy eating plan at the beginning of this year. I have set my next goal to another 10 kgs, and then I will see how I feel. so starting from last weigh-in . im 72.5 kgs, I don't know what I will be in 10 weeks, perhaps I can make a goal of 5 kgs less. ?? marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay new thread.

For me

SW -69kg
    CW- 65kg
    GW - 60kg
    UGW - 55kg

Note I only started 4 weeks ago so consistently losing 1kg a week. Very happy with that!

I might reach my ultimate goal weight by Xmas then!

Good luck everyone.

I love hearing what others are eating too if anyone wants to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Count me in. I halfheartedly followed the last challenge thread, but I am ready to commit properly now. The first thing I need to do is quit my caffeine/sugar treats. It's always my downfall because I dread the headaches and general feeling terrible that comes with it. I will weigh in tomorrow.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi sajimum, I have the opposite effect. when I eat ice cream or cream, or other generally speaking "yummy" stuff, I feel so sick for hours later. perhaps you can just begin by strictly limiting your caffeine/sugar , rather than trying to quit completely. marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi sajimum, I have the opposite effect. when I eat ice cream or cream, or other generally speaking "yummy" stuff, I feel so sick for hours later. perhaps you can just begin by strictly limiting your caffeine/sugar , rather than trying to quit completely. marie
    I wish I felt terrible after eating sugar - that would make being healthy much easier! I really struggle when giving up caffeine and sugar and feel really terrible for a few days. I feel sorry for DH and the kids who have to deal with cranky mum. I don't plan on giving up sugar completely though - just the extra snacks (e.g. chocolate, energy drinks) that I know are terrible for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a big believer in not denying yourself any food u enjoy.

Just limit it and watch ur portions. I personally am really strict with my eating during the week and relax a bit on the weekend and allow treats.

I lost 19kg 2.5 years ago and my biggest tip is it has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet. If u don't allow yourself the things u enjoy you end up getting bored then bingeing or plain giving up. It has to be sustainable long term

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

sajimum  (19-10-2015),~Marigold~  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    I wish I felt terrible after eating sugar - that would make being healthy much easier! I really struggle when giving up caffeine and sugar and feel really terrible for a few days. I feel sorry for DH and the kids who have to deal with cranky mum. I don't plan on giving up sugar completely though - just the extra snacks (e.g. chocolate, energy drinks) that I know are terrible for me!
    Just suggestion....why don't u allow itself say a chocolate bar and a energy drink every weekend as a reward?

That way u wont feel like ur missing out and will look forward to it each week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Just suggestion....why don't u allow itself say a chocolate bar and a energy drink every weekend as a reward?

That way u wont feel like ur missing out and will look forward to it each week?
    This is probably a good idea in the long run. I do find that it makes the cravings come back each time I 'give in' though. If I let myself have some (especially energy drinks) then I spend the next 3-4 days really struggling again. I think I might aim for none over the first 3-4 weeks and then slowly allow some back in. You are definitely right though - I don't want to feel deprived, as I want to sustain a healthy lifestyle long term.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm in!
    SW 72.4kg
    CW 71.5kg
    GW 68kg