+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    @jude15 Are you feeling any better? I'm really feeling awful overall and I think I might be speaking to the doctor about stopping this medication or potentially changing. I'm so tired all of the time but if DS wakes at night, it might only take me 10 minutes to get him back to sleep but then I lay there for hours. It's also killed any motivation I might have and I also think it's creating paranoid thoughts.

    I have to work tomorrow but will see my gp on Friday.
    Oh @HeavenBlue, I'm so sorry to hear your update. I thought from your post a couple of days ago that the meds were starting to work out ok for you. How many days have you been taking them now? I was like you, lying awake for ages but the last 2 nights I have slept a lot better & have started to feel less anxious. I'm just about to go out shopping (I'm a lot more anxious out & about) so that'll be a test for me to see how things are today. I haven't had any paranoid thoughts. I'm still having nausea but overall I'd say slow improvement. I'm holding off for another couple of days before I head back to the docs. Big hugs for you... I'll be thinking of you on Friday & hoping the gp visit helps you out. x

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    3,329
    Thanked
    1,925
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jude15 View Post
    Oh @HeavenBlue, I'm so sorry to hear your update. I thought from your post a couple of days ago that the meds were starting to work out ok for you. How many days have you been taking them now? I was like you, lying awake for ages but the last 2 nights I have slept a lot better & have started to feel less anxious. I'm just about to go out shopping (I'm a lot more anxious out & about) so that'll be a test for me to see how things are today. I haven't had any paranoid thoughts. I'm still having nausea but overall I'd say slow improvement. I'm holding off for another couple of days before I head back to the docs. Big hugs for you... I'll be thinking of you on Friday & hoping the gp visit helps you out. x
    Oh I'm glad you're seeing small improvements. It sounds like it would be worthwhile to hold out a bit more for you.

    I've been taking them 8 or 9 days now. I really don't like them. Yes it calms that anger in me that stems from the depression but it's killing any positive things also. I feel even less inclined to be social now. I'm taking them for depression mostly though with only moderate anxiety. I genuinely think I would prefer the depression at this stage and still at least to be able to enjoy the few things i do enjoy rather then this.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Oh I'm glad you're seeing small improvements. It sounds like it would be worthwhile to hold out a bit more for you.

    I've been taking them 8 or 9 days now. I really don't like them. Yes it calms that anger in me that stems from the depression but it's killing any positive things also. I feel even less inclined to be social now. I'm taking them for depression mostly though with only moderate anxiety. I genuinely think I would prefer the depression at this stage and still at least to be able to enjoy the few things i do enjoy rather then this.
    It's tough isn't it to find a balance. My anxiety had gotten to the point where I just wasn't functioning so for me the sort of numb/spacey feeling that I have on the meds is preferable to that... for now anyway. But it sounds more complicated for you. I'm not sure if all anti-depressants cause this sort of numbness or whether it alleviates the longer you are on them? Maybe your gp will be able to suggest one that might have different effects x

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,941
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked
    2,297
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jude15 View Post
    It's tough isn't it to find a balance. My anxiety had gotten to the point where I just wasn't functioning so for me the sort of numb/spacey feeling that I have on the meds is preferable to that... for now anyway. But it sounds more complicated for you. I'm not sure if all anti-depressants cause this sort of numbness or whether it alleviates the longer you are on them? Maybe your gp will be able to suggest one that might have different effects x
    Thats interesting. I definitely feel like something is working - especially if I have a panic attack it feels more muted or numb. I find it's helpful as I have more success with CBT and eventually I have little to no panic attacks.

    I generally get them outside the house so become a hermit in bad times.

    In saying that I do feel 'normal' emotion. I just don't cry at the drop of a hat anymore! I am also not so quick to anger.

    I would say that there are are not enough benefits for you @HeavenBlue and you need a change. Also there are better meds for depression. I find SSRI's tend to be better for anxiety.

    Hope your little venture was a success @jude15! Or at least an improvement.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Thats interesting. I definitely feel like something is working - especially if I have a panic attack it feels more muted or numb. I find it's helpful as I have more success with CBT and eventually I have little to no panic attacks.

    I generally get them outside the house so become a hermit in bad times.

    In saying that I do feel 'normal' emotion. I just don't cry at the drop of a hat anymore! I am also not so quick to anger.

    I would say that there are are not enough benefits for you @HeavenBlue and you need a change. Also there are better meds for depression. I find SSRI's tend to be better for anxiety.

    Hope your little venture was a success @jude15! Or at least an improvement.
    Thanks @twinklify! Yes, I definitely saw an improvement when I was out today. I was so much calmer. From what you've said I'm quite similar to you in that I have panic attacks & tend to avoid going out when they have gotten really bad. I've done CBT in the past but it was such a long time ago so I'm trying to get in to see someone to help me get started again. Thanks for all your advice x

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    3,329
    Thanked
    1,925
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Well ladies, the GP has asked me to stay put on this med and dose for a further 2 weeks and then we will reassess as she doesn't want me chopping and changing before side effects etc have all settled down and we can see what we're working with. I'm ok to do that as I'm not feeling awful. So I guess it's time to just plod along.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    0
    Hi @HeavenBlue, how have you been going in the last couple of days? Have you seen any changes? I had to pick up something from the chemist today & asked the pharmacist how long he reckoned you had to give anti-depressants & he said at least 3-4 weeks so I guess your GP is on the same page. I'm feeling a lot calmer overall but had my first panic attack since starting the meds yesterday so that has brought me down. I was hoping I wouldn't get them any more. I'm off to see a psych tomorrow...

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    3,329
    Thanked
    1,925
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jude15 View Post
    Hi @HeavenBlue, how have you been going in the last couple of days? Have you seen any changes? I had to pick up something from the chemist today & asked the pharmacist how long he reckoned you had to give anti-depressants & he said at least 3-4 weeks so I guess your GP is on the same page. I'm feeling a lot calmer overall but had my first panic attack since starting the meds yesterday so that has brought me down. I was hoping I wouldn't get them any more. I'm off to see a psych tomorrow...
    Sorry for the slow reply, I didn't get any notification that you'd tagged me.

    I'm so sorry you've had another panic attack. Perhaps your dose needs to be upped?? I'm sure the psych and your doc would be able to advise you best though. Hopefully better days aren't too far away.

    I'm not too bad. I'm starting to feel the fog of the side effects listing. I'm not quite so exhausted all of the time now. I'm thinking I will need to up my dose also though as I'm still getting some serious depression shining through here and there but it is getting better. I'm getting some motivation back also and finding decision making returning to my command. It's quite strange to notice these things within yourself after just resigning yourself to the previous nature of your illness. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep checking in xxx

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,941
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked
    2,297
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How are you ladies feeling now?
    Found a good dose for me right now. Am feeling good and anxiety is feeling under control. First shopping trip alone in the city today!!! Then to my morph scan - but I am feeling calmer compared to the NT scan.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    0
    Hi there,
    How did your shopping trip go @twinklify? Good on ya for doing it & hope it went well :-)
    Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've had a few ups & downs & still having anxiety but overall it's a lot more subdued & I'm definitely a lot calmer & getting out a bit more. I didn't go back to the gp or up my dose. I'm seeing a psych once a fortnight & back to basics with CBT & graded exposure so I thought I'd see if that helped first ... I'm a bit stressed about how to get through Christmas but I think a lot of people are, even if they don't have anxiety issues!? Was hoping you were going well @twinklify & you too @HeavenBlue - did things improve after taking the meds for the further 2 weeks?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Au Pair experiences please
    By Ffrenchknickers in forum Childcare Options
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 30-07-2015, 10:15
  2. Experiences TTC #2
    By LaDiDah in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 19:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Vibe Natural Health
Your natural health care team for fertility, pregnancy, post natal and family health care. Our Naturopaths, Doctors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Psychologists,Nutritionists, Pilates, & Massage specialise in women & children's health and wellbeing.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!