+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I think today is day 7. I switched to taking them before bed at around day 3 which has improved things for me as I was having trouble functioning during the day otherwise.

I'll be back to reply further a little later. DS has just woken.
    Wow, he went back to sleep after a cuddle! Odd.

Anyway, I've been a bit all over the shop with how they are affecting me. I've stuck with the 10mg dose so far. The last couple of days were pretty yuck and I was leaning towards discontinuing use but today I feel a tad better. I can see some of my old self shining through. I've been up and done groceries early this morning. I've been cleaning; the way I used to, with attention to detail and being fussy. DS isn't able to push my buttons the same way anymore because I'm feeling so much more chill, I'm sure I'm being a better mum.

I'd say that upping your dose has moved you back a few squares in moving past the side effects??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    I've been on that medication before, can't quite remember but I think I went quite ok with it. But I became pregnant and I don't think it's safe while pregnant? Or advisable to keep taking? So switched meds. I'm currently taking Lovan.
    Yes, I discussed wanting to ttc soon and she said that we would discontinue this medication at that time. I've heard of lovan... Wondering if that's one of the meds I took many years ago?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post

As for me, upped dose to 20mg is doing wonders atm. Most of my MS is gone. Anxiety is mostly gone. Apart from a little insomnia I am doing well.
    That's great to hear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I discussed wanting to ttc soon and she said that we would discontinue this medication at that time. I've heard of lovan... Wondering if that's one of the meds I took many years ago?
    Its safe for pregnancy. I'm currently pregnant. I'm still making a decision whether to discontinue or reduce in 3rd tri. The psych wants me to continue but I know there can be withdrawal for bub and it can cause issues with lung development.

So, 1st/2nd trimester is safe. 3rd is dependant on whether its safer for mum to stay on it or not (regarding depression/anxiety).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think a different name for Lovan might be Prozac? Not entirely sure but think they are the same... It's supposed to be good for anxiety and ocd. I've been on it before apparently the GP said but have only just gone back on it, this is day 8 and I don't feel much in the way of side effects apart from I felt a bit dizzy the otherday not sure if that's due to meds or not. Also maybe a heightened sense of anxiety, not sure though. Hope that helps...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jude15 View Post
    @twinklify, I'm glad you're going really well now. 'Anxiety is mostly gone' sounds really good!!! Maybe I do need to up my dose. I've taken Lexapro before (about 8 years ago) & it worked wonders which is why I asked for it specifically. But it's so long ago I can't remember how long it took to kick in. My doc gave me the generic escitalopram this time - do you think it makes any difference if you take the generic? I know it's the same active ingredient but I had heard the fillers might make a difference... I think I might be clutching at straws here!
    @HeavenBlue, I was thinking of switching to taking them at night too... glad it seems to be going well... look forward to hearing the rest of your update.
    It may be that. I can take generic without an issue.

Also, I used to take Zoloft which stopped working for me. So it genuinely could just not work or you need a higher dose.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

jude15  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Its safe for pregnancy. I'm currently pregnant. I'm still making a decision whether to discontinue or reduce in 3rd tri. The psych wants me to continue but I know there can be withdrawal for bub and it can cause issues with lung development.

So, 1st/2nd trimester is safe. 3rd is dependant on whether its safer for mum to stay on it or not (regarding depression/anxiety).
    Yes I did read that 3rd tri use can affect bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @jude15 Are you feeling any better? I'm really feeling awful overall and I think I might be speaking to the doctor about stopping this medication or potentially changing. I'm so tired all of the time but if DS wakes at night, it might only take me 10 minutes to get him back to sleep but then I lay there for hours. It's also killed any motivation I might have and I also think it's creating paranoid thoughts.

I have to work tomorrow but will see my gp on Friday.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

jude15  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jude15 Are you feeling any better? I'm really feeling awful overall and I think I might be speaking to the doctor about stopping this medication or potentially changing. I'm so tired all of the time but if DS wakes at night, it might only take me 10 minutes to get him back to sleep but then I lay there for hours. It's also killed any motivation I might have and I also think it's creating paranoid thoughts.

I have to work tomorrow but will see my gp on Friday.
    That is a good idea. You should not be feeling like that.

I will warn you that you will prob have to be med free for 1-2 weeks before starting new ones.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    That is a good idea. You should not be feeling like that.

I will warn you that you will prob have to be med free for 1-2 weeks before starting new ones.

Hope you feel better soon.
    I'm ok with that. I will at least discuss that with her. I felt quite good on Monday and it's taken a dive since then. Whilst the initial side effects have worn off I'm still left feeling bleugh. I'd rather be med free and enjoying my cooking etc rather then feeling lethargic and wondering why my neighbors blinds are open the way that they are.