+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi HeavenBlue,

I started Lexapro 4 days ago. I'm on 10mg but am taking a half dose for 4-7 days. I'm on it for anxiety. I'm finding the side effects quite difficult but I am very sensitive to drugs (I get palpitations from Panadol!) so I was expecting that. First 2 days I had constant nausea, hot & cold, found it difficult to sleep, quite fuzzy ie. difficult to concentrate, my anxiety was pretty high before starting so that hasn't worsened. Days 3 & 4 I'm finding I'm at my worst in the morning before I take my tablet - still pretty queasy & fuzzy headed throughout the day. I'm hoping days 5 & 6 will be better!!! Someone suggested to me to try the Mindspot website so I'm going to look at that today - might be useful for you too as it has courses you can do at home. Anyway, good luck with it all, I really hope the meds will help you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jude15 View Post
    Hi HeavenBlue,

I started Lexapro 4 days ago. I'm on 10mg but am taking a half dose for 4-7 days. I'm on it for anxiety. I'm finding the side effects quite difficult but I am very sensitive to drugs (I get palpitations from Panadol!) so I was expecting that. First 2 days I had constant nausea, hot & cold, found it difficult to sleep, quite fuzzy ie. difficult to concentrate, my anxiety was pretty high before starting so that hasn't worsened. Days 3 & 4 I'm finding I'm at my worst in the morning before I take my tablet - still pretty queasy & fuzzy headed throughout the day. I'm hoping days 5 & 6 will be better!!! Someone suggested to me to try the Mindspot website so I'm going to look at that today - might be useful for you too as it has courses you can do at home. Anyway, good luck with it all, I really hope the meds will help you x
    Thank you your reply

Yesterday was ok overall. I had nausea and felt spacey most of the day. They are making me clench my jaw a bit so I'm a bit sore. But just one dose had a positive effect on my mood. I was def more chilled so I'm excited to be feeling better soon.

Best wishes for you also, I hope you're on the road to feeling better. Do stop in here again and let me know how you are going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Thank you your reply

Yesterday was ok overall. I had nausea and felt spacey most of the day. They are making me clench my jaw a bit so I'm a bit sore. But just one dose had a positive effect on my mood. I was def more chilled so I'm excited to be feeling better soon.

Best wishes for you also, I hope you're on the road to feeling better. Do stop in here again and let me know how you are going??
    Thanks HeavenBlue,

Glad your first day went ok, hope today has gone well too :-)
    I've been feeling less anxious today... what a relief! I will pop back in & update, hope you will too as I'd like to hear how you are going. Take care xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh the app kept eating my replies.

Glad to hear your first day was ok @HeavenBlue. And @jude15 when I originally started taking the meds I also took it slow but it did get better.

If it is no better in a few weeks go back to the dr to try something else.

My higher dose is finally kicking in better I think. Will confirm on Friday as that's when it is the worst right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    How are you feeling now @jude15 ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    How are you feeling now @jude15 ?
    Hi HeavenBlue!

I upped my dose to 10mg 4 days ago & my anxiety is still very bad... hmmm... I'm hoping something good will happen soon. I'm also having insomnia since upping my dose. If I haven't seen any positive change by the end of the week then back to the docs I will have to go!?

How about you? You seemed to have a good start, have things improved further? I've been wondering how you were going x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been on that medication before, can't quite remember but I think I went quite ok with it. But I became pregnant and I don't think it's safe while pregnant? Or advisable to keep taking? So switched meds. I'm currently taking Lovan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi HeavenBlue!

I upped my dose to 10mg 4 days ago & my anxiety is still very bad... hmmm... I'm hoping something good will happen soon. I'm also having insomnia since upping my dose. If I haven't seen any positive change by the end of the week then back to the docs I will have to go!?

How about you? You seemed to have a good start, have things improved further? I've been wondering how you were going x
    I think today is day 7. I switched to taking them before bed at around day 3 which has improved things for me as I was having trouble functioning during the day otherwise.

I'll be back to reply further a little later. DS has just woken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi HeavenBlue!

I'd say that either the dose is wrong or you will be better on another type of medication. You should've had improvement by now.

Also I do also have some insomnia with it. It eases after a while. I drink hot milk and honey befire bed or take some tea/herbal supplements for sleep.

And @HeavenBlue I hope you're feeling better.

As for me, upped dose to 20mg is doing wonders atm. Most of my MS is gone. Anxiety is mostly gone. Apart from a little insomnia I am doing well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @twinklify, I'm glad you're going really well now. 'Anxiety is mostly gone' sounds really good!!! Maybe I do need to up my dose. I've taken Lexapro before (about 8 years ago) & it worked wonders which is why I asked for it specifically. But it's so long ago I can't remember how long it took to kick in. My doc gave me the generic escitalopram this time - do you think it makes any difference if you take the generic? I know it's the same active ingredient but I had heard the fillers might make a difference... I think I might be clutching at straws here!
    @HeavenBlue, I was thinking of switching to taking them at night too... glad it seems to be going well... look forward to hearing the rest of your update.