+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just won't poo!!

My miss 4 has gone from one extreme to the next. 2 weeks ago she was pooping pants sometimes upto 10 times a day, now she just will not poop at all. Went almost a whole week and ended up at the hospital for a enema, Now it's been almost 5 Days again !
    We are using actilax liquid pharmacy suggested and I don't find it helping.
    Would love some advice on perhaps some natural ways or suggestions in my attitude towards it. Totally frustrated . Please help
    Last edited by AllySienna; 18-10-2015 at 15:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has always had constipation issues. We tried lots of things like coloxyl, lactulose etc, but the only thing that really helped was probiotics and now we just add a spoon of benefibre to a drink every second day. On top of this, we also cut out yoghurt as we found that was making the constipation worse

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bluehawaii For This Useful Post:

AllySienna  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds went 3 weeks without a poo once! We ended up having a lot of scans and ultrasounds done to rule out any physical issues. It turns out it was purely a psychological reason. He was afraid to poo due to a previous constipation episode. We tried everything there was in the pharmacy as well as changing his diet, to help him go. Last resort was suppositories. It was tough, for him and I! But after 2 goes he was back going regularly and on the toilet (he used to refuse and only go once he had a nappy on). I'm not saying to give suppositories a go. I definitely recommend those as a last resort but maybe try and have a chat with her. See if there's more to it. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Will she eat prunes? I tell my 2.5 year old ds they are "lollies" (which may not work at 4) but they sort him out every single time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our 3yo has given us some stress with the whole not pooing issue. Hospitalised twice, resulting in a tube down her nose to pump her full of fluid to clear the blockage. She's had an enema, suppositories, lactulose, parachoc, movicol. You name it we've tried it, bribery, reward charts, taking toys away etc etc The only thing that works to keep her regular is osmolax, recommended by our paed, she is incredibly head strong and once she's decided she doesn't want to go she will hold it, osmolax is not a laxative it just draws liquid into the stool to make it soft which makes it quite easy to push out and takes away some of the ability to hold it in when she does a wee (if that makes sense). This has been the most stressful part of parenting in our 3 years of being a parent. Hopefully you can get your little one to go soon and it's just a phase.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just won't poo!!

Not a pharmaceutical answer, but have you tried getting her to sit on the toilet with her feet on a little step stool (so her bottom opens a little) and just giving her the good old iPad/iPhone? May not be the best idea but works every time with my dd if she's a bit constipated/doesn't have the urge and its been a day or 2. This could work especially if it's a mind thing as the phone/iPad gets them to not think as much. Good luck op