+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Space it out or bite the bullet

We will try for a 3rd at least. I'm not done I know I'm not.
    part of me just wants to get it over and done with and be poor for a few years ( then be able to plan again) and another part wants to go back to work build on nest egg before going for it again ( and being poor again).

My mind is clouded and I need outside perspective.
    Is it really a false economy me going back then off again? I mean if I earn y when on mat leave and x when at work the total still = xy regardless of what order it happens right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @maternidade, I went back after each baby (at home with #3 atm) I found it helped a lot financially and also the extra spacing of kids means that we will only have full time daycare costs for 2 kids for a max of 2 years before #2 is in school - leaving us with only 1 in ft daycare. I have to say though full fees for 2 is a killer. And personally I couldnt dedicate more than a year at a time at home with kids - I love them, but it does my head in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My opinion. If you can have your 3rd asap without going into too much debt or financial trouble - do it now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also of the opinion that in for a penny, in for a pound. Get 'em all through babyhood one after the other and then go back to work/whatever afterwards.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do it now. So much better in the long run the closer they are together

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi maternidade, are you on mat leave from a current job? If you have a job to go back do, I would consider doing that. I went back between each of mine (although once was only for about 6 mths as I was pregnant when I went back). I was exactly the same as kitik- if you utilise daycare, the cost of 2 is almost crippling, 3 would have been impossible for us. i had a huge gap between 2nd and third, and i have to be honest, it did set me back at work- for promotions etc but now the youngest is 3, I feel like i am back on track now and is all panned out okay on the work front. good luck with your decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have a job to go back to and need to utilise daycare, space it out and get at least one at school. Otherwise, bite the bullet and do it. It's hard in the beginning but soooo good to just knock the baby years over quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also look into nanny/au pair which may be cheaper than childcare if you have 2+ children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have a job. the back to back will be enough time to get maternity leave ( from government again, only have to be at work 1 day to get it from employer) then off again. The way the spacing works DD1 will be in prep by the time I go back to work with #3 so will only be 2 in daycare ( fees are crazy aren't they)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It would depend for me on a few things -

How old are you?
    What are the age spacings of your kids?
    Do you/have you had fertility issues?
    How are you coping with the children you have? Do they have special needs? Are they easy? Difficult children?