+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Definitely absolutely have a second lounge/media room! The house we just sold and are moving out of only has one main lounge, and it's a pain. We do have a little 'nook' with a second TV in the kitchen/meals area, but it's really just a walk through area and not a cosy spot to watch TV. We hope to build on the farm we bought (there is an existing house though), and we are factoring in a second lounge for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A second seperate living area is very handy with teenagers. I've found they like sleepovers in packs - too many to fit in a bed room, so they all sleep on mattresses and watch tv. Or just generally hang out, once you have more than 3 - 4 teenagers visiting they take a lot of space (and they are noisy).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, definitely recommend a second lounge room. You will use it. We are looking at houses at the moment and we won't even consider one without it.
    Do you have children or are you having children? If so then, absolutely yes! We have a family room with our dinner table and lounge/tv which us off the kitchen. We use that every day. Then DH and I watch tv in the more cosy lounge at night. The lounge room is more a formal/nice space for grown ups!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely a second living area. We have a house with a 'formal lounge/dining' and a family room. The family room has become the play room as its part of the kitchen. The kids play there all day and I don't care how much they trash the room. The 'formal' space is the adult zone. It's always tidy and I love going there of an evening to relax and not have any toys around. That room is my sanity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Yes, definitely recommend a second lounge room. You will use it. We are looking at houses at the moment and we won't even consider one without it.
    Do you have children or are you having children? If so then, absolutely yes! We have a family room with our dinner table and lounge/tv which us off the kitchen. We use that every day. Then DH and I watch tv in the more cosy lounge at night. The lounge room is more a formal/nice space for grown ups!!
    Us too! Ours is lovely with nice furniture, pretty furnishings and reminds us our who we are inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm really surprised as to how many people think two lounge rooms are a must have and won't even consider a house with only one lounge room.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just the one loungeroom and not sure we would have it any other way. Dh and I both grew up with 1 loungeroom and it was a real family place to be and to us it's how it should be. We wouldn't like our loungeroom and their loungeroom, we share that room as a family. The boys have an allocated area in a corner of their rooms for toys etc which is enough, they don't need their own loungeroom. My cousin has a massive 2 storey house where her and dh are down 1 end and the kids are the other end. The reality is they rarely see the kids, they only have meals together really. I think it's quite sad how so much space has put such distance between them. My cousin feels it too and misses the connection they once had as a family even though her children are older, At the time they built 4 years ago they thought they were building their dream home.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We've recently moved to a bigger home and the reason we bought it was the second living area. It's not really a second lounge as such, it's a huge sunroom off the lounge/kitchen/dining area. We've turned it into a study down one end and a playroom down the other, and I love that the kids can have all their toys in there and at the end of the day I can just close the doors and ignore the mess. As they grow I imagine the sunroom will morph into a retreat for them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    We have just the one loungeroom and not sure we would have it any other way. Dh and I both grew up with 1 loungeroom and it was a real family place to be and to us it's how it should be. We wouldn't like our loungeroom and their loungeroom, we share that room as a family. The boys have an allocated area in a corner of their rooms for toys etc which is enough, they don't need their own loungeroom. My cousin has a massive 2 storey house where her and dh are down 1 end and the kids are the other end. The reality is they rarely see the kids, they only have meals together really. I think it's quite sad how so much space has put such distance between them. My cousin feels it too and misses the connection they once had as a family even though her children are older, At the time they built 4 years ago they thought they were building their dream home.
    I grew up in a house with one lounge room and hated it. I rarely had friends over because I didn't want to just hang out in my bedroom and from the age of about 12 I pretty much spent every single evening in my room listening to music or on the phone. It was very rare for me to spend time with the family aside from having dinner. Had nothing to do with the number of living areas and everything to do with being a teenager and wanting my own space.

It did make me realise the benefit of having dinner together every night which we do and I'll pretty much insist on when the kids get older, but it also made me realise that kids need their own space as well, particularly when they are young teens and even more so when they're young adults still living at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't even consider a house that didn't have two living areas.
    We have the main open plan living area down one area of the house where the kids room also are. At the other end of the house is our room and a second living area right next to it.
    At the moment the second living area is a toy room but as the children get older it will turn into a second lounge. That way when the children have friends over etc we can retreat away from them.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post: