+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My bestie's parents won twice in syndicates back in the 80's. It gave them a massive head start financially. Lucky people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yep, my Grandfather won it twice. Once in the 70s and once in 2000. I'm not sure what he won in the 70s but in 2000 it was $100,000. Pretty cool!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum's aunt won 3 times. Once before mum was born, second time bought my nan a house, third time paid for her, nan, mum and her 2 sisters to go on a 6 week cruise to the states, (she never married or had children of her own). Not sure exactly how how much she won all up but enough to do all that. Most we've won is $80 on powerball and $75 on a scatchie. We're still waiting for the big one which I've already got spent 😉 goodluck to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    A relative of mine won $1.5m about 5 years ago. My mum won $300 twice last month and also won $3k on a $1 mystery bet on the Melb Cup 10 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Little Miss Sunshine;8315936]This is why I stay out of work syndicates for lotto. Initially I was in one but never saw photocopies of the tickets bought despite promises or any idea of our numbers which made me very uneasy even though this colleague was my friend. Money does strange things to people....

I am an accountant and I just started a syndicate at work - small stuff only $4 a week. But I take another colleague with me when I buy the tickets and scan the tickets and the receipt and the names of people in the syndicate and send them to everyone before the first draw. I would not be in a syndicate that is run any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't won a huge amount but good little bits here and there. Around $2500 twice, $10k on lotto and on keno 1 time each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't often do lotto but we do favourite numbers every week using the same numbers. We generally have a nice little win about every 18mths or so of $7,000, $10,000 plus small wond in between

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've won about $27 lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one I know has won lotto. Reading these stories makes me hopeful, shame I don't often buy a ticket, this makes me want to though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies, I am amazed at all these winnings people have had or know about, I don't know anyone who has ever won.
    My ticket was a dud. So I brought another one for tonight!