+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    There was a scandal at my work before my time, similar to the Toll one. Everyone went in together. A guy bought it on the way home. Called in sick the next day. Next time he came in he quit. Didn't tell anyone about a lotto win. People eventually found out he had won the lotto, he says on HIS ticket not the group one but never provided any proof. Dodgy as.
    Oh that's so suss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I won $100 a couple of months ago, I was stoked!

I would love to win enough to pay off my Mum's mortgage so that she could retire. I'd quite happily still work, I love my job.

If I won millions and millions, I'd probably quit or just not look for another job when my boss retires.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never as I don't buy lotto tickets. I love the crossword scratches though but only ever have won my $7 back lol. Some friends of ours went from 'struggle st' living in housing commission and won through tickets at work, a mum & her daughter and another coworker won 2mil each 2 years ago. They are all still working too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We won $10,000 over 3 yrs ago... Paid for Ivf for our ds and baby moon

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (18-10-2015),Chillies  (18-10-2015),Wise Enough  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My neighbours won $360,000 once. I've one $1200. I don't usually play so it was a nice surprise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    There was a scandal at my work before my time, similar to the Toll one. Everyone went in together. A guy bought it on the way home. Called in sick the next day. Next time he came in he quit. Didn't tell anyone about a lotto win. People eventually found out he had won the lotto, he says on HIS ticket not the group one but never provided any proof. Dodgy as.
    This is why I stay out of work syndicates for lotto. Initially I was in one but never saw photocopies of the tickets bought despite promises or any idea of our numbers which made me very uneasy even though this colleague was my friend. Money does strange things to people....

I haven't won anything but money back on lotto, but had a couple of decent little wins on the pokies (like a grand here and there) but probably still coming out behind lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Around the early part of the year I was super depressed and remembered I had a lotto ticket floating around in my bag, it was all tatty and creased and I got it checked only to have the server tell me I won $1300. Ordinarily I would have been beside myself to win something, let alone that amount, but the blardy depression made me feel very nonchalant about it.

Months later I used it to have an awesome weekend away with my bestie, my sister and her friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Many years ago, mil sent her then husband to buy a ticket, gave him the money and the numbers she always picked. He ended up going to the pub and spending the money, forgot all about lotto ticket. Guess what numbers were the winning numbers? Mil was shrieking with excitement.... until she asked where the ticket is and he fessed up about not buying it. Dh reckons he has never seem somebody run so fast in his life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know anyone personally who's won more than a $100 on lotto.

I decided this year that in order to dream about what id do if i won millions id first have to enter.lol

So now i enter oz lotto each tuesday, just an autopick. So far ive won a small amount $2-25 a few times.

Fingers crossed .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum won 25k on a scratchie about 20 years ago

My Uncles Dad won Lotto, I don't know how much but he brought a flash house on the beach

Our neighbours won 250k on Keno

I never buy scratchies or Lotto, I got put off it working in a Newsagent all though uni.