Closed Thread
Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Midnite. Yeah I totally get that but my FS was happy to follow that protocol from another FS at the same clinic but he's not knowledgeable on it himself. It was just that he said to use clexane from day of transfer but I did that the last two failed cycles so I feel like I want to start it earlier if that's a common protocol for immune issues which I have. I have a lot of clexane left over from last cycles too.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-10-2015),Blossom74  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And sorry to take over the thread with my questions. Forgive my ignorance.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CAEsurdust ovidrel is hcg trigger so yes hcg will show up as positive pregnancy test even before transfer. The only reason i start poas straight after transfer is because i know it cant be anything else but trigger. Hopefully then once you get a bfn (no more) trigger you then wait a few days and hopefully it turns to a bfp from new hcg from the baby. Alot of ladies have poas got bfp got excited to then find out it was trigger and they weren't pregnant.

As for pred yes follow your fs instructions as everyone is different so if you're not sure maybe ask them again. Also im not on clexane sorry.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @CAEsurdust ovidrel is hcg trigger so yes hcg will show up as positive pregnancy test even before transfer. The only reason i start poas straight after transfer is because i know it cant be anything else but trigger. Hopefully then once you get a bfn (no more) trigger you then wait a few days and hopefully it turns to a bfp from new hcg from the baby. Alot of ladies have poas got bfp got excited to then find out it was trigger and they weren't pregnant.

As for pred yes follow your fs instructions as everyone is different so if you're not sure maybe ask them again. Also im not on clexane sorry.
    Thanks for explaining. I'm going to start poas early this time just to see those two lines. Just want to see them once even if it is fake. So it will show as a bfp for how long after transfer?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ceasurdust not sure luv everyone metabolises it differently so could be anywhere from 5 to 14 days post trigger shot. You only know it's going by how faded it becomes on tests i guess until its not there. Once it returns to positive it gets darker and darker then you know its a bfp. Yep i know those two little lines mean so much even if just for a moment baby dust to you
    Last edited by infinity888; 27-10-2015 at 21:46.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Hey everyone. Catching up on all your posts from today. So hard to keep up! I work full time so can only read in the evenings and there's so many posts but it's so great to hear about everyone's journey both happy and sad. All your talk about food and diets today is where I'm at too. I've been working hard to get in better shape for this cycle but I can't say no to sugar. It's a killer addiction. I think I should watch that sugar film too. Afm I had my scan today and about 4 follies on either side. 1 was 11 which apparently is a bit large as they like them to be under 10 on a down reg but the FS said to get started. Lining a measly 1.2mm. So first puregon injection tonight and scan booked for next Wednesday. A couple of questions for you ladies. Did anyone take pred from first day of injections (puregon)? Also aspirin? Has anyone used testosterone cream to improve egg quality? If so when did you stop applying it? Also when you talk about testing new after trigger can I ask why you do this? Thanks everyone x
    When I was doing Cycle4/5 in the stimulation phase (down reg'd with the pill the Cycle before and had Endo Scratch done on CD 21/22). Anyhoo..I continued to use the Prednisone and Baby Aspirin from CD1 and commenced the Clexane on CD3. I ceased Clexane 2 days prior to EPU then recommenced the day after. Same for the Baby Aspirin.

In Cycle 4 I was on 10mg's of Prednisone a day. In Cycle 5 it was increased to 25mg's a day. I've never used the Testosterone Cream as DHEA would pretty much do the same thing. In regards to testing after Trigger, as infinity888 said, Ovidrel or Pregnyl which is the other Trigger med they use both contain HCG. The Trigger shot matures up the follicles and eggs within them which also makes it easier for the eggs to be collected out of the follicles as well.

The HCG from that injection can stay in your system for 7-14 days (though by then the levels would be pretty low..usually under 10 if you have a BT so not a true BFP). If you're going to test out the Trigger shot then start POAS the morning after Trigger with FMU when you wake up. Keep testing every morning with FMU from then onwards up until BT. Hopefully you'll see the line fade (it may not disappear entirely depending on how you metabolise the HCG from the Trigger shot) then start to get darker with the darkness of the line increasing (you can usually notice the difference when you compare HPT sticks over 2 days).

A true BFP won't start to show up until you're around 11/12 dpo (if you're really lucky!!) and might not show up at all until 13/14dpo (the day of EPU is classed as "Ovulation Day", so the next day after would be 1dpo and so on). All the very best Luv!!! Am and sending prayers to the Universe for you!!! Hope this helps as well

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 28-10-2015 at 06:39.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-10-2015),Caesardust  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Blossom74 Have a swift and safe trip Luv!!!! See you when you get home!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much BIB you've explained it brilliantly. So I'm going to do the same as recommended to you and start clexane tomorrow. I started aspirin on day 1 of stims and I will cease 2 days before epu and then recommence after. On transfer day I will cease aspirin and carry on with just clexane, projesterone, pred.

I have some sandrena gel that was sent to me by a lovely lady to help with my lining. Do you think it's safe to start using that from tomorrow too, just until transfer?

Thank you thank you thank you x

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry one last thing. Has anyone used crinone before transfer or is it a only after transfer thing?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Charlie74 I had my intralipid at Epworth Richmond yesterday. Only 200mls of the 500ml is used. I was told it took 2 hrs but from arriving to walking out was 3.5 hrs.
    I paid my $500 PHI annual excess then there was nothing else to pay. Each intralipid from now on will only be $32 for the solution.
    It's done on the oncology day ward so you're in a bay with 3 other patients having their chemo or blood infusions. My guess is it depends who is in that bay with you on that morning or arvo as to what your experience is like.
    You can park in the underneath carpark & the receptionist on Level 4 where you have your intralipids validates your ticket. So free parking.
    @Chiefsgirl Did you stop Clexane on the day of your transfer like Dr M has advised Charlie? Actually I've just realised I can't do that as I have my FET in the morning then jump on my international flight in the arvo.
    Morning to all the girls!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-10-2015),Blossom74  (29-10-2015),Charlie74  (28-10-2015)