Closed Thread
Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Just had my call from Dr M!
    So... He said my ANA & thyroid antibodies are high, that my NK56 is elevated (but not terribly high), and my NK57 is borderline. He said I definitely have a degree of immune factors that would impact my fertility, but that it's not terribly bad. And he recommends the following:

Steroid (pred): starting 3 wks before transfer on 15mg, increasing to 20mg on transfer, increasing to 25mg if I get bfp

Clexane: starting a week before transfer but not on day of transfer (forgot to ask dosage)

Intrallipid infusions: 1 week before transfer, another if I get a bfp, then monitor from that point on. He said he would recommend a dosage of 400mls (as opposed to usual dose of 200-250mls).

Higher dosage of progesterone after transfer.

So he said obviously don't need to do any of this yet bcos were not planning a transfer till jan/feb. Basically I'll call him about a month before we want to do the transfer so he can go they everything with me again & I guess send me scripts for whatever I need?? I think he said something about how he can assist with any of the meds that I need.. Damn.. My brain is a bit foggy!! I'm presuming that he will send me scripts for whatever I need? (Would that be correct @Chiefsgirl? Or anyone else who has been treated by Dr M???)

Holy cow... I better lose some kilos before I do a transfer.. I thought the weight gain on 10mg of pred was bad enough!! 15-25mg will be horrific for my waistline!! (Not that I'll care if I get a bfp mind you!)
    Charlie he will give you scripts for everything you need. If you need the details of a compounding pharmacy for the pessaries I can give you the name of one that is really well priced and they will post to you.

Dr m does 40mg clexane once a day.

I think you might mean 500ml intralipids, which he does as standard.

I'm glad he didn't think it was too severe. I think you'll find now you know what prednisolone does to your appetite you won't eat as much next time. I put on stacks last year when I cycled on a max of 20mgs and not much at all this time on 30mgs. I was prepared for the hungry feeling this time round.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-10-2015),Blossom74  (27-10-2015),Charlie74  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    Nobody did to me either @Blossom74 and until I pursued it myself by making an appt at wazzas office, nobody had any intention of offering it as none of them believed in it. I didn't even find out about my high ANA until CFC asked for it to be tested. The only reason I got a BFP is because of advice on this forum that I had to gather MYSELF from you guys. Wtf did I pay $100,000 for over those three years ??
    Probably the mortgage on some bast*rds house!!!!

Yeah...I'm getting there thanks Luv!!xo

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (27-10-2015),faithandhopellove  (26-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My old fs and current ob don't believe in immune issues affecting fertility and your ability to achieve a pregnancy.

I know of two dr's in Mel, one in qld and another in Sydney who kinda do, but will not do all the treatments dr m does, or do the treatments slightly differently.

There is a nk thread on here that was started years ago by ladies pioneering sharing knowledge of testing and treatments. That's how I found out about it. And it is still going strong today with ladies talking about the different treatments.

It makes me so mad that I wasted 5 cycles before finding out about immune testing where it is much more widely accepted overseas, esp in Europe and the U.S. Where it has been standard for so long.

FYI there was a mtg earlier in the year by the qld dr, the Syd dr and dr m with a pathology company who are thinking about starting to do the same overseas testing that dr m sends bloods to the U.S. For testing. They were asking these dr's if they would support them. So I think it won't be long till they do the more comprehensive immune testing here. To put this in perspective, ladies currently spend $2800 odd doing these tests as they need to fedex the blood to the U.S., being able to courier to qld will be so much cheaper, and less problematic.

The way dr m tests for nk cells in the uterus (there are two kinds, one in the blood, one in the uterus) is a biopsy done via hysteroscopy a certain number of days after ovulation. He believes they lay dormant till ovulation then kick into overdrive in preparation for implantation!

Then he usually does about 7-8 vials worth of blood tests at laverty (needs to be that path as they test a certain way) for a variety of other things.

Sorry I haven't been doing personals, I've been busy at work, had intralipids on sat (took 9.5hrs!) and felt like cr*p yesterday!

Congrats to the pupo ladies and glad your apt shed some light for you blossom, hope you feel better now bib xxxx

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-10-2015),Blossom74  (27-10-2015),faithandhopellove  (26-10-2015),Summer  (27-10-2015),winsor  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Yep..NK Cells are a blood test to check for them in your system and a uterine biopsy (endo scratch) to check for them in your oven. The BT results are not indicative of whether they're in your oven or not. You have to have the biopsy to find out for sure

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (27-10-2015),winsor  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ye at here's another thread that talks about nkc and treatments so I suggest that ladies join it to find out more.

Looking forward to hearing the news of the lovelies who are pupo now and how you fill your tww with good for you stuff.

Afm I have my folli scan tomorrow. Checking everything has gone to sleep and is ready for a drug induced wake up call. Let's get this cycle on the road 😁😁😁

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-10-2015),Blossom74  (27-10-2015),Chiefsgirl  (26-10-2015),Corbes  (26-10-2015),infinity888  (26-10-2015),winsor  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone.
    good luck for tomorrow's scan, @Caesardust

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-10-2015),Blossom74  (27-10-2015),Caesardust  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on being PUPO @infinity888 & @beckymae - can't wait to see some more BFPs on this thread!

@Blossom74 I'm glad you've had some resolution with your doctor and that you can put your mind at rest about what your instinct knew was the truth about your precious bubba. Hope you are being kind to yourself.

Great news @Corbes @Tahli & @midnite01 go girls!! Lots happening on this thread - very exciting!

And also fantastic news @JulieMalooley that you got to hear those beautiful heartbeats again and that your hCG is ripping along on track! Awesome!

@Chiefsgirl - so happy that all is on track with you too - just brilliant!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

beckymae  (27-10-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-10-2015),Blossom74  (27-10-2015),Chiefsgirl  (27-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-10-2015),winsor  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I'm so sorry you've been down a similar path @calypso75 it is a horrible dark path to head down and I totally empathise with how difficult it is. I have just come off a year of doing medical intervention and did everything - full immune protocols, stim cycles etc without any success at all - I actually got very, very sick and am only just starting to recover now after three months off all meds. I never did get any answers - just "old eggs" although I do believe clotting was a factor as I do have the MTHFR gene. I didn't get the chance to try the immune and blood thinning protocol on any of my pregnancies unfortunately as I only found that information out after the last loss.

For me now I am focusing on getting healthy and will continue to try naturally without any specific protocols - and I have had a lovely lady offer to donate her eggs to me so I will possibly follow that through next year.

If you haven't started IVF but have had many natural pregnancies then the chances are quite high that you'll get some good results, especially if you do PGD and the full immune and blood thinning protocol. Did you have any answers as to your miscarriages?
    @Summer sorry to hear the ivf drugs took such a toll on your body. I am glad to hear you that you have a generous friend who has offered to be an egg donor for you. A selfless friend like that is worth bottling.

I haven't been given any answers to my miscarriages. I was told likely to be chromosomal due to my age. I had the last 3 tested and 2 were normal karyotype. I was then told I have been very unlucky. I am sorry they only picked up your MTHFR issue after your last loss. So frustrating. I was tested for that among a few other things and that was fine. I had an endo biopsy done which I was told was ok and I spoke to Dr M yesterday (I had sent him a copy of my report) and he said my CD56 results were quite high so who knows. He did say a few things to me which made sense and has offered explanations where no-one else has before. He is sending me a slip for some more blood tests. If you like, I could let you know what they are for and you can compare them to what has been done and see if you are missing anything.

We will be doing IVF with PGD. Have commenced all the background checks and hopefully will be able to start in November. If not, it will need to be January as the clinic we are going with doesn't allow you to cycle in December.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-10-2015),Blossom74  (27-10-2015),Summer  (27-10-2015),winsor  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Caesardust good luck with your scan today.
    @infinity888 and @beckymae I am glad your transfers went smoothly and good luck with the wait.
    @Blossom74 glad to hear that everything went ok with your appointment yesterday.
    @Bongley and @winsor I hope you are both doing ok.

@Thali, @Corbes and @midnite01 good luck with your transfers in the coming days.

Hello to everyone else. I think @greenlady had egg collection this week? If so, good luck.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

beckymae  (27-10-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-10-2015),Blossom74  (27-10-2015),Bongley  (27-10-2015),Caesardust  (27-10-2015),winsor  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMalooley and @Chiefsgirl excellent news that your pregnancies are progressing well.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-10-2015),Blossom74  (27-10-2015),Chiefsgirl  (27-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-10-2015),winsor  (27-10-2015)