Closed Thread
Page 64 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Sorry you had such a rotten time with the transfer @BIB. Actually, that's an interesting topic....

When I first went to see my FS he did a 'trial run' of putting the catheter through my cervix, to make sure it was possible. He said some ladies find it very painful and it can be difficult to do on some, so he wanted to make sure it was possible with me.

Anywho, there I was at my most glamorous (read: Legs up in the air, wave 'em like you just don't care) and he said "Now this will feel really weird...." I waited, expecting to feel the weirdness and he said "Is that feeling strange?" and I'm like "Oh yes....I see....."

No freakin' idea what he was on about. I felt nothing. Nada! I'm curious as to what the weirdness is all about! I know this is completely off track to what you were describing @BIB, but interesting topic none-the-less.

Good luck to all the lovelies having transfers, BT's, and other appointments tomorrow. Hope everything goes beautifully for you all.

Blossom
    Bahahahaha!!!!😁😁😁😁 You're a crack up Luv!!!

Wazza said I also had a "tight cervix which makes getting through the door harder" 😁😁😁😁

My understanding is the cervix can be very tightly closed in some women who have never had children before.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bib and @Blossom74 im just looking for that magic formula since i have the magic golden egg. Ive tried it all. Shopping resting going back to work and no luck. I haven't tried acupuncture pred aspirin combo though so maybe that will be my breakthrough. Just really nervous and scared about doing something wrong post transfer that will ruin my chances once again. Fx crossed i have a beautiful 8cell embryo for transfer tomorrow.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-10-2015),Blossom74  (25-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @bib and @Blossom74 im just looking for that magic formula since i have the magic golden egg. Ive tried it all. Shopping resting going back to work and no luck. I haven't tried acupuncture pred aspirin combo though so maybe that will be my breakthrough. Just really nervous and scared about doing something wrong post transfer that will ruin my chances once again. Fx crossed i have a beautiful 8cell embryo for transfer tomorrow.
    I used to feel that way on my first couple of transfers then after my 3rd transfer I thought "Fruck it!!" If the embryo is going to stick it's going to stick regardless of what I do or don't do (bar the raising of your core temp) as like you I'd tried the socks on the feet...pineapple core & all the rest of the mumbo jumbo BS old wives tales for my first 2 transfers.

The only thing I didn't do was accupuncture & I was going to find a way to do it for the next (& what was going to be our final) Cycle/transfer. Thought it would help with stress if nothing else.

In saying that...on my last Cycle I was having regular massages done in the lead up to starting that Cycle right through to the night before transfer. I also listened to a guided meditation I downloaded all through the Cycle & 2WTorture. I chose a "theme song" as well that I would play daily to help keep me focused & calm so as to keep my anxiety under control as best as I could.

Wazza also recommends shagging before & after transfer if you feel up to it (not that it would've made any diff with us). He believes the sperm helps the lining or something like that but a Vag full of Crinone or Pessaries kind of kills the mood I reckon!!!😁

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg. I've missed bucketloads. You guys really are prolific. I've skimmed a few. Remember none of our new posters names so I'll just say welcome ❤️ and if you're new - that's meant for you. I'm new too.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreyDove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-10-2015),Blossom74  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's hard or should I say impossible to know which extra thing is going to be the one that helps you get your bfp. I have done all the old wives tale tricks, acupuncture, naturopath, massage, Chinese herbs, work after transfer no work and still haven't got a bfp and now I'm too afraid to stop anything in case I get a bfn and then I'll blame myself for stopping it. Ah what a mind fruck!

I think you have to just mirror your normal life as much as possible before and after transfer. So if you exercise a lot make sure you go for a light walk each day after transfer. If you don't just relax on the couch. Do acupuncture if it relaxes you but if you're already a relaxed person maybe it's not worth it.

Wishing you the best with your transfer luv.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-10-2015),Blossom74  (25-10-2015),infinity888  (25-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I'm everything, sending loads of and praying you have a lovely little emby waiting for you tomorrow that's going to get you over the line to a BFFP!!!

P.S....My DD wasn't a perfectly graded emby. She was either the 5,6 or 7 cell that was transferred that morning and was graded "Average" but was really a "Very Good". The Embryologist had to grade all the emby's down one category because they weren't at the 8 cell stage yet. However, they weren't 72 hrs old at transfer either as I know what time my eggs were ICSI'd. Everything else regarding them was in the "Very Good" Category

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Sorry you had such a rotten time with the transfer @BIB. Actually, that's an interesting topic....

When I first went to see my FS he did a 'trial run' of putting the catheter through my cervix, to make sure it was possible. He said some ladies find it very painful and it can be difficult to do on some, so he wanted to make sure it was possible with me.

Anywho, there I was at my most glamorous (read: Legs up in the air, wave 'em like you just don't care) and he said "Now this will feel really weird...." I waited, expecting to feel the weirdness and he said "Is that feeling strange?" and I'm like "Oh yes....I see....."

No freakin' idea what he was on about. I felt nothing. Nada! I'm curious as to what the weirdness is all about! I know this is completely off track to what you were describing @BIB, but interesting topic none-the-less.

Good luck to all the lovelies having transfers, BT's, and other appointments tomorrow. Hope everything goes beautifully for you all.

Blossom
    I also didn't really have much of an issue with the catheter during the transfer but I had a endometrium scratch and omg that was the most painful thing that I've ever encountered. I hope I'm never asked to do one of them again!!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha luv it @BlondeinBrisvegas i was thinking the same about crinone. Yes i think i shall make a playlist of songs tomorrow night after transfer and just play that whenever im in doubt. I remember meatloaf helped me give up smoking many years ago so maybe something else can get me utd. Lol thanks so much for your info and your patience.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    I also didn't really have much of an issue with the catheter during the transfer but I had a endometrium scratch and omg that was the most painful thing that I've ever encountered. I hope I'm never asked to do one of them again!!!!
    I hear 'ya loud and clear Luv!! Had that plus a Lipoidal Flush done on Cycle 4...OMFG!!! The pain!!! Had the Endo Scratch only for Cycle 5 and made sure I was doped up to the eyeballs on Endone (thanks to Wazza for the script) and Valium!!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 25-10-2015 at 18:51.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015),Caesardust  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Haha luv it @BlondeinBrisvegas i was thinking the same about crinone. Yes i think i shall make a playlist of songs tomorrow night after transfer and just play that whenever im in doubt. I remember meatloaf helped me give up smoking many years ago so maybe something else can get me utd. Lol thanks so much for your info and your patience.
    You're more than welcome Luv

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015)