Closed Thread
Page 60 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep @infinity888 I fly out on Saturday. Just sitting here with all my meds laid out for the journey. @Chiefsgirl and @JulieMalooley some q's I'm hoping you can help me with.....
    1. I bought some Astrix aspirin yest and is states on the outside of the box to not take it with anti-coagulants. Are you definitely definitely definitely sure it's ok to take with Clexane?
    2. When did you start taking Clexane on a FET. I was going to start the day I fly out which would be 3 days pre FET but should I start 5 days pre FET?
    3. When do I stop Synarel? Is it the evening before my lining scan or the evening of my lining scan?
    Thanks for any help!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #19

Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @JulieMalooley how exciting. I was glancing at it all yesterday and i haven't even had my transfer yet lol its fun to glance/look and dream. Dh said he would take me away for a whole wkend of shopping if i get our bfp. He is so sweet. Enjoy your MS. I know that sounds bizarre but i would be.
    @infinity888 it's nice to dream 😄 and yes I'm happy about the MS. weird as that sounds ...
    @BlondeinBrisvegas, no it doesn't treat ANA is my understanding, only killer cells. It certainly didn't make a dent in the ANA last time I had it tested but would be nice if it did. Shall see tomorrow I guess !

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley I'm guessing there wasn't a squinter this morning??

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015),Bongley  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #19

Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Yep @infinity888 I fly out on Saturday. Just sitting here with all my meds laid out for the journey. @Chiefsgirl and @JulieMalooley some q's I'm hoping you can help me with.....
    1. I bought some Astrix aspirin yest and is states on the outside of the box to not take it with anti-coagulants. Are you definitely definitely definitely sure it's ok to take with Clexane?
    2. When did you start taking Clexane on a FET. I was going to start the day I fly out which would be 3 days pre FET but should I start 5 days pre FET?
    3. When do I stop Synarel? Is it the evening before my lining scan or the evening of my lining scan?
    Thanks for any help!!
    @Tahli yes it's 'ok' to take with clexane, my FS didn't like it, but the whole point here is to thin the hell out of our blood and stop clotting. We need to be careful if we cut ourselves, but worth the risk.
    Clexane has an immediate effect so no need to take it too early, just before the flight I reckon.
    I stopped synarel the day I had my lining scan in CT the first time but the second time the forgot to tell me and I can't remember the days. What I DO remember is dr w saying you CANT take it for too long a time, so more is better if you are not sure.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015),Tahli  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    You're talking about Antinuclear Antibodies aren't you @JulieMalooley??? If you are, that's weird because that's what my understanding is for the Prednisone as well as other things????

Treatment of Antinuclear Antibodies
    Women with ANA are treated with prednisone, a corticosteroid, which suppresses the inflammatory process and stabilizes the cell. Prednisone does not pass through the placenta easily and is also broken down by enzymes in the placenta so that the fetus is exposed to only trace amounts. Additionally, the body produces the equivalent of 8 mg per day of this corticosteroid. When indicated, Prednisone should be started prior to conception.

Here's the link: http://www.rialab.com/miscarriages_p...YDxx9vZJTVwCzQ

ETA- You many not be on a high enough dose???
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 25-10-2015 at 09:17.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMalooley Yay for MS! I couldn't have survived MS without my sea-sickness bands on each wrist every day until well into the 2nd trimester, and then again when breast feeding. A god send for taking the edge off MS.
    You may like to put together an Amazon wishlist. That way you can spends hours and hours researching & lusting after products without actually spending the money...yet. Plus all of the reviews might help you from spending precious money on pretty useless items!
    Thanks for helping to answer all of my meds questions!
    Last edited by Tahli; 25-10-2015 at 09:21.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    You're talking about Antinuclear Antibodies aren't you @JulieMalooley??? If you are, that's weird because that's what my understanding is for the Prednisone as well as other things????

Treatment of Antinuclear Antibodies
    Women with ANA are treated with prednisone, a corticosteroid, which suppresses the inflammatory process and stabilizes the cell. Prednisone does not pass through the placenta easily and is also broken down by enzymes in the placenta so that the fetus is exposed to only trace amounts. Additionally, the body produces the equivalent of 8 mg per day of this corticosteroid. When indicated, Prednisone should be started prior to conception.

Here's the link: http://www.rialab.com/miscarriages_p...YDxx9vZJTVwCzQ

ETA- You many not be on a high enough dose???
    Hmm not sure about that article. All I know is that all three FS I've seen have said ANA does not affect a pregnancy at all and my BT results have all indicated no change in my ANA level. They've all agreed on prednisone just in case there are killer cells, nothing to do with my ANA. I do know that people with lupus have a high ANA and are treated with pred, but my Drs have all led me to believe something different to what that article says.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-10-2015),Blossom74  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems to indicate treatment for women who 'develop' ANA through pregnancy? But I have it regardless of pregnancy? I don't know now.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-10-2015),Blossom74  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 42 Julie so yeap time is of the essence ... I will call Wazza tomorrow and ask what he thinks. I have been on the pill to help with the endo but now we decided to try things have changed.

Thanks for the responses ladies!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tegs26 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-10-2015),Blossom74  (25-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (25-10-2015),winsor  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    It seems to indicate treatment for women who 'develop' ANA through pregnancy? But I have it regardless of pregnancy? I don't know now.
    I don't think you "develop" it as such as it's always there just that it flares up for some women when Preggo whereas for others...increased levels can indicate an underlying immune disorder/disease.

My understanding has always been that Pred, baby aspirin & clexane are used to treat it as well as other immune stuff.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (25-10-2015),Chiefsgirl  (26-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (25-10-2015)