Closed Thread
Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #19

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Oooh JM that leg of urs looked sore! Hopefully on the mend now though!

I agree.. It worries me a little what all these drugs might be doing.. A necessary evil I guess. I swear either the actual stims, OR the pred I was taking have made me put on extra fat around my belly area!!! I've had extra weight in that area in the past, but this seems different.. Hard to explain but I'm getting more and more convinced it's IVF related! Bugger!

BIB thanks for ur reply yesterday.. It had me smiling.. Which is exactly what I needed!

Someone mentioned BFP season a few pages back.. Yep yep yep Is all I can say.. I shut down my stupid FB for months, and then reactivated it about a month ago.. And today someone announced they're expecting identical twins.. Lovely news for them, very nice couple.. But reminds me why I went off FB. I find myself getting caught up in negative thoughts about other people's lives. Can see myself shutting it down again soon!
    @Blossom74, it's so unfair that at this point in life, & wanting a child so badly for so long, that women our age then have to deal with the grief of losing a baby like u have/are. I really send u all my love.. It sounds like u had some beautiful people looking after you, am so glad to hear it. A little compassion goes a long way at times like those. I hope ur resting up & being kind to yourself X
    Definitely the prednisone @Charlie74. I've never had fat around my belly like this, and upper thighs too. Apparently it 'changes your fat distribution'. I'm praying the squish disappears when I stop the pred but I'll be getting pregnant fat by then anyway so I'm a lost cause 😁
    Anyway, it got me UTD so who am I to complain...

And no, the leg is not particularly sore, just feels like a minor bruise.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),Charlie74  (18-10-2015),winsor  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Charlie74 bfp season sounds great to me. It is spring after all

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),Charlie74  (18-10-2015),winsor  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Well, my folks have gone home and it's just hubby and I and the two cats rattling around the house. Physically all is going reasonably well. I am still bleeding but it's not very heavy, and I only get the occasional light cramp which soon passes.

Emotionally I would like to say I am coping well but unfortunately I suspect that might not be the case. I don't know if what I feel is normal or not. I mean, I still get stuff done. The housework is up to date, and there is a meal on the table at night. But I feel....I don't know. Numb? Sometimes I get sad all of a sudden and have a little cry, but most of the time I just feel nothing. Just dead inside.

DH keeps asking me to go for a walk, come for a bike ride, go for a drive with him. But I just don't want to do anything. I just want to be alone. I feel for him - he works very hard and he's had a thoroughly boring weekend, but I just don't feel like going out and acting like everything is ok. I know this is his version of coping, but I just keep thinking that it was only two days ago that I had surgery and I just don't care to get out into the land of the living right now.

To compound matters, it is our wedding anniversary tomorrow and his birthday in three days time - two occasions which are meant to be celebrated, and you can imagine how much I feel like celebrating right now. Hmmm. I'm not very good company for you all either, am I? My apologies.

Blossom

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),Bongley  (18-10-2015),Charlie74  (18-10-2015),GreyDove  (18-10-2015),infinity888  (18-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-10-2015),winsor  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 it will take time, love, understanding, kindness, screaming , crying and everything in between. One day at a time. One minute at a time if needed.

Your always welcome to vent or find support im sure 😄

Have you tried writing a letter to blossom? Writting a letter with every thought and feeling in it may help? All your hopes and dreams for them. Maybe even dh can read it? Warning though it does induce tears.This helped me long ago. Just a thought.

Sending lots of hugs

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-10-2015),winsor  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 I think it's ok to want some alone/quiet time for a while. you're still processing it all and it's a sad time. going out can come later. thinking of you xx

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015),Charlie74  (18-10-2015),infinity888  (18-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 I really withdrew into myself for awhile. There were a few days I didn't get out of bed. It's hard on our partners too, but in a different way, and everyone deals with grief in their own way as well. Take all the time you need, DH will support you as best he can. Thinking of you lovely xx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015),winsor  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 what you are feeling is totally normal luv. I've had 2 mc and had moments along the way when you wonder why. I can't recall if I told you this but I also had an older son who is 18 now who I adopted to best friends of mine in NZ who were childless and unable to have kids and had a long Infertility journey. Totally open adoption which worked well for both of us. Even though we get along great and are great friends afterwards I also felt a feeling of loss and emptiness. I felt the best thing for me was to keep busy. It then seemed a bit ironic that we needed I've when my hubby and I wanted to have kids.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-10-2015),winsor  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies who take prednisolone my fs has prescribed 10mg per day (2x5mg once a day). Do you reckon I should up it to 15mg per day? I'm taking that along with baby aspirin and clexane. I think some of you take a higher dose after transfer?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),winsor  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bit of goss from me. My bulk billing clinic around the corner from me in Preston mentioned that they are opening up an Ivf clinic next door. I reckon it would have to be bulk billing though. They are currently advertising for counsellors.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015),Bongley  (19-10-2015),winsor  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Well, my folks have gone home and it's just hubby and I and the two cats rattling around the house. Physically all is going reasonably well. I am still bleeding but it's not very heavy, and I only get the occasional light cramp which soon passes.

Emotionally I would like to say I am coping well but unfortunately I suspect that might not be the case. I don't know if what I feel is normal or not. I mean, I still get stuff done. The housework is up to date, and there is a meal on the table at night. But I feel....I don't know. Numb? Sometimes I get sad all of a sudden and have a little cry, but most of the time I just feel nothing. Just dead inside.

DH keeps asking me to go for a walk, come for a bike ride, go for a drive with him. But I just don't want to do anything. I just want to be alone. I feel for him - he works very hard and he's had a thoroughly boring weekend, but I just don't feel like going out and acting like everything is ok. I know this is his version of coping, but I just keep thinking that it was only two days ago that I had surgery and I just don't care to get out into the land of the living right now.

To compound matters, it is our wedding anniversary tomorrow and his birthday in three days time - two occasions which are meant to be celebrated, and you can imagine how much I feel like celebrating right now. Hmmm. I'm not very good company for you all either, am I? My apologies.

Blossom
    @Blossom74 your feelings are normal. I know the feeling of not wanting to do anything - my dh wouldn't let me get away with not doing anything and forced me to go out becuase he said I would feel better. My d and c last year was at Xmas and I had to put on a face on Xmas day and pretend to be my normal self ( no one in the family had known I was pregnant or had the d and c). In hindsight it was probably good that I was forced to 'act happy and normal' in front of other people as I reckon it did pull me out of a hole. I think you should do something nice for your two upcoming occasions - even though you don't feel like it I think you might actually feel better - just a chance to remember all the good things in your life at a horrible time.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015),Bongley  (19-10-2015)