Closed Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks @infinity888 yes those are the sorts of things I was hoping to show. and using it as an obvious metaphor might make others (the viewer) see the range of emotions (well, easier than I think I could draw them). I have a feeling "I" in the animation will be a stick figure too

I was thinking of one of those 'magic mountain' rides as the rollercoaster, where you go past different things, like 'take this pill', 'jabbing time' & a mechanical robot arm jabs you as you move through (on repeat at the start of the 'ride'). then it moves onto the next stage. like the instructions/sequence you're on when following the meds & going to the clinic for tests etc. it sometimes feels like a conveyor belt - do this step, wait, do next step, wait etc. so turning that into part of the ride

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015),Petal40  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, I spoke to my clinic today.

I told them that I had the D&C done on Friday, and that I didn't have any results myself yet but once they do come through I'd send them a copy. They said I should do weekly HCG's to make sure that my levels go back to zero, and to ensure that there are no 'retained products of conception' remaining inside me, which sounds sensible.

I have asked for an appointment to see the head FS there.

I know I have been unhappy with the support side of things at that clinic, but I have done my research and it seems that as far as Victorian prices go they are nearer to the lower end of the range. And I'm wondering, maybe if I throw myself at their mercy, perhaps they might considering lowering their fees on compassionate grounds?

I just think that if it gets me nearer to another attempt then maybe it is worth going back. I'd see Satan himself if it got me a baby in the end. I've already been through the most distressing possible outcome. The worst that could happen now is a repeat of what I've already gone through, and if so I guess I can seek support for that somewhere else anyway. I have been thinking about contacting Sands since the hospital gave me some of their information. Maybe they can help.

At the end of the day, my clinic DID get me pregnant, albeit for a brief moment in time. And right now I really feel like I need a plan, because if I don't have at least a basic 'next step' I have nothing.

My appointment is in a few weeks time.

Blossom

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2015),GreyDove  (19-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-10-2015),Summer  (19-10-2015),winsor  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas, you're right. it's good to keep some parts of it lighthearted. and it helps in reaching up out of the dark hole at the end

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I decided to 'follow up' with the Police but my call went straight to the answering system, so I thought 'b@gger that' and went down to the station instead. They had had a change of shift since I last rang so I had to go back over it all again, but anyway, the officer went out the back to 'see if she could find someone who had been on earlier' and I heard him say to her something in whispered tones, and then "Tell her we got onto her and she's out of town, but will be back home tomorrow..."

So of course, the Police Officer came out and told me what I'd already heard. She also gave me the name of the officer who had apparently spoken to my neighbour. This leads me to believe that my neighbour may indeed be in hospital (her prior rental agent who is also my current rental agent told me that she has had some 'issues' in the past) so perhaps she is not well. Either way, if she's coming home tomorrow hopefully everything will be ok.

I'm really hoping there is food and water out for the kitten - she doesn't seem the sort of person to neglect her animals. And perhaps there is some for the dog too, and I just can't see it. It's a big yard, and as much as he is happy to see me coming with food, I don't want to jump the fence and risk him turning on me. Not that I am really in a fence-jumping, house breaking type of mood right now. I've done my best, and certainly if she doesn't come home tomorrow I'll make another (more urgent) call.

Blossom
    Good on you Luv!! You've gone above an beyond for them I hope she's ok if she's in hospital and will be back home tomorrow. You did a really good thing for those animals Luv despite it being the last thing you probably wanted/felt like doing. You're an absolute star!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Well done @Blossom74. I'm sure it was the last thing you felt like doing. Just curiously, are you in Nth Vic by any chance? Fingers crossed the situation resolves itself tomorrow & all 3 of them are aok. Big hugs to you.

Yep, I didn't think I'd be on an animal crusade today. I'm knackered now! I was meant to go to work tomorrow but I've cancelled that and extended things to Wednesday instead.

Our of return curiosity, why do you ask about Nth Vic @Tahli?
    Last edited by Blossom74; 19-10-2015 at 17:05.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck with the head FS @Blossom74. I think it's worth a shot asking them about help so you can do another cycle. I hope they come to the party for you. it's good to get working on your plan too. I know what you mean. we're trying to work out when to use the frostie. will talk to my doctor when I get the call

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015),Petal40  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor, I think anything that draws attention to the IVF journey, and helps other people understand the challenges of it, can only be a good thing.

I'll be the one on the roller coaster vomiting, please....

Blossom

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2015),winsor  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha, hopefully that's just the MS from your next cycle, not the ride @Blossom74

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @infinity888 Yeeha!!!������ Everything's right on track with those follies!!!������������

@Green lady I know it's early days...but how's the jabbing going Luv???������

@Bongley You started POAS yet Luv???������������
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - day 4 tomorrow ok so far. It's the orgalutran that I don't like - thicker needle and last time I gave myself a few bruises. Hopefully technique will be better this time around. First scan and blood test in Friday hopefully there will be some growth in the follies.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2015),Summer  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for not remembering who asked about donor obesity in the family (I've just read pages and pages to catch up). I have obesity on my side of the family (mother) and both my brother and I struggle with our weight.

I decided I wanted to give my child the best chance of not having the same body issues as me so chose a donor who was taller and had no health issues in the family, including weight.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2015),Blossom74  (19-10-2015),GreyDove  (19-10-2015)