+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Self contained accommodation Gold Coast

I am having surgery at the Allamanda hospital on the Gold Coast in November and am looking for self contained accommodation large enough for DH, our 3 children plus my mother for when I am in hospital and comfortable enough for me to recover in after I am discharged. It would be preferable for it to not be too far from the hospital but not essential. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't have any direct recommendations but have a look at the stayz website, I find it very good for booking self contained accommodation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    How many bedrooms are you after?
    2 or 3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You'll be able to find heaps of units around surfers or main beach 2 or 3 bedrooms. Most are self contained. Not walking to Allamanda but a very quick drive/tram. There may be some in southport too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There are loads in Southport, you shouldn't have too much trouble. There was one my aunt an uncle stayed in a few years back that was lovely. It was close to the broad water kind of near the fish and chip shop at the northern end of the broad water parklands. There were lots of restaurants around too if you didn't feel like cooking much while you were there. Given its a holiday destination, you will find majority of the accommodation there are self contained apartments as opposed to hotel style rooms with just basic tea and coffee facilities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm on the Gold Coast right now (from WA) and booked all my accommodation through airbnb. . Really really happy with it all and a lot cheaper than booking in an apartment hotel. For example we stayed at Q1 on the GC in a 2 bed apartment and it was $110/night! Heaps more if you book through Q1 itself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we moved here we rented a 2 bed apartment through Mitchell's Real Estate. It was a holiday rental. They had loads of places, apartments and houses, in the southern gold coast area. Ours was right on the beach and cost in the low $400s per week (can't exactly remember!) off season.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We often stay at a place called 'sandy point beach resort' just up from southport on the broadwater. Lovely location. 2&3 bedroom units, self contained

Thanks
    Reviews
    We booked a 3 bedroom villa at the Broadwater tourist park it looks lovely