+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In reality you DH is probably a bit relaxed because when you're all together he knows that you are watching the kids. I would imagine he would watch a bit closer when you're not there.
    I work most weekends and leave my DH with the 3 kids (the youngest just turned 1) and they survive

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (17-10-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think you're pretty brave for coming right out and saying how you're feeling. It doesn't matter how irrational or silly it might seem to others. The reality is, this is how you feel. And it certainly isn't a matter of just relaxing. If t was, you would have done it by now.
    It sounds like anxiety. Have you sat down with your DH and talked about what you're worried about? Sometimes if you unpack it and talk about what you're worried about, it might help.
    If not, maybe chat with a counsellor about how you're feeling.
    I've felt really anxious leaving my 13 month old with people, even family, especially when there's a lot going on. I worry that DS won't be the centre of attention and something might happen. Then when he was with me alone and had my full attention, he tripped and smacked his head on the tiles!
    Talk to your DH. Let him know you're not suggesting he's incompetent or doesn't care as much as you do. Let him know you're anxious.
    Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I would feel the same as you OP, especially if your DH is not experienced having all 3 for an extended period of time- pool, road access etc- those are things that can be hard to manage without complete commitment. I have 3, my youngest is still a 'bolter'- whenever myself or DH are left alone with all 3, we always have a talk about risks that are current for her behaviour. No relaxing when 'on duty' supervising 3 kids. It's a tough gig! Hope your appointment went well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go @Freyamum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written this myself however my partner is female. She doesn't see danger in any circumstance, just let's the kids go no matter the location and they are 2 and 4 yrs old. We once tallied up the amount of accidents the kids had and who was watching them at the time. It was 50:50. I guess if bad stuff is going to happen it could happen on my watch just as easily as on hers. I totally get you though and your not crazy for worrying. I still do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all! I think it's a mix of anxiety and being with her 24/7, knowing how quickly she could run into the road or climb up a stool and grab something sharp on the bench etc. on the plus side it distracted me from worrying about my ultrasound!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

Phony  (18-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hope your ultrasound was all clear X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    I hope your ultrasound was all clear X
    Me too but they never say anything during the exam!