+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Enthusiastic Student Midwife (Mornington Peninsula/East Melbourne)

Hello future parents! Congratulations on the beginning of your new family!

My name is Freya and I'm in my first year of a double degree in Nursing and Midwifery at Monash University, Peninsula Campus. As part of my degree, it is required that I support and follow 10 women throughout their pregnancy, from 20 weeks (or before) to just after birth. I would love to attend antenatal appointments, ultrasounds, birthing classes and also where mutually agreed the possibility for me to be present at the birth, as well as a few post-natal appointments. How involved I am is completely up to you!

It is an amazing experience for me as the student, but also for the future family, as I could provide additional support and friendship (and baby sitting in the future).
    Although I am only in my first year of a four year course I have learnt so much about the physiological process of birth and am fascinated by the power force that is the human body. I would love to share my developing knowledge with new parents who will be as fascinated by the process as I am. It is such an amazing thing!

If you are interested in having a student midwife be a part of your journey please send me an email and I can give you any additional information you would like and also tell you a little more about myself so you can determine if I am a good fit for you and your partner.

Even if you do not wish to have a student follow your journey I would love to get any advice from you all as personal experiences, both good and bad, of parents cannot be taught to us at university.

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy!
    If you are interested please email me at fmfle1@student.monash.edu

Thanks
    Reviews
    That should say 'South Melbourne' rather than 'East Melbourne'
    Sorrry!
    xxxx