+ Reply to Thread
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Babies from the same 'batch'...

Hi all,

Interested to hear people's experiences of conceiving multiple children at different times from embryos from the same egg collection!

I'm having a FET next week with one of my four frosties from DSs 2013 cycle. I'm wondering what the odds are of not having to go through a full stim cycle again?

He was the result of my first fresh transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does happen, I've seen others have more than one baby from a 'batch' & since you got preg straight away it's a good sign. My DS was the second FET from batch of 4 PGD embies...next full Stim I got 2 embies, put both back & have healthy twins too now.
    Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My now 7 y/o DD was a result of a fresh transfer from our first cycle (we ended up with 8 embryos to freeze). My 5 y/o DD was from the same batch, but it took 3 FETs for her. The first FET was a chem, the second FET was a miscarriage at 6 weeks, and finally the third FET was successful. With the first 2 FET's I didnt use any progesterone. With the third FET I had weekly acupuncture in the month leading up to transfer, plus a session pre and post transfer, then a couple of sessions in the 2WW and I used progesterone pessaries.

Interestingly, one DD looks very much like me, the other DD looks very much like DH's sister. That surprised me as for some reason I was expecting 2nd bub to look just like the first. They were totally different from the second they were born.

Good luck with your transfer. I've read that you guys have had a bit of an awful time.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks guys it is good to hear that it does happen!