+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default eBay Question?

Hi all

So I'm selling a few items, by auction, at the moment and I've had three separate people contact me asking what I would sell it for now (kind of a buy it now situation but after the auction has started). This would effectively mean withdrawing the item from auction and selling directly to them.

This has never happened before (in the 10yrs I've used eBay) and I thought that was against the rules. Have the rules changed and I've missed it or these people out for a cheeky buy?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like they are out for a cheeky buy to me. I'd think it would be against the rules.

I've been contacted similarly, I just say no can't do it. It's not fair to those who have already bid at auction.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mkj For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Actually I'm not sure about the rules anymore- I've seen the same items advertised for auction on eBay yet on gumtree at the same time (and yes some even mention that in their eBay description)

Three seperate occasions is a lot isn't it? Hopefully someone can clarify for us? Maybe they've changed in response to compete with gumtree.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mkj View Post
    Sounds like they are out for a cheeky buy to me. I'd think it would be against the rules.

I've been contacted similarly, I just say no can't do it. It's not fair to those who have already bid at auction.
    I agree - people have bid so really unfair to them. Also I know I often watch an item then bid at the last minute so those people miss out as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think its against ebay 'rules' but plenty of people do it they withdraw it from sale.

However if you have had a few people wanting to do it shows you have good interest in your item so id leave it listed for auction and hope the all bid on it and you get a good price.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Actually I'm not sure about the rules anymore- I've seen the same items advertised for auction on eBay yet on gumtree at the same time (and yes some even mention that in their eBay description)

Three seperate occasions is a lot isn't it? Hopefully someone can clarify for us? Maybe they've changed in response to compete with gumtree.
    I know - 3 separate occasions. That's why I was wondering if they had changed as it seems unusual that that many people would be willing to break the rules so to speak.