+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Blatant sob thread

My partner of almost 17 years is picking up the last of his belongings tomorrow and Saturday. He's been staying somewhere temporary for the last 3 weeks.
    He's leaving. I asked him to. We've been wobbly for a long time but still love eachother. We just couldn't seem to make it work.
    I feel like sh!te.
    Tell me some good things! I'm feeling guilty, scared, angry, stressed and very anxious. But most of all, just so sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs. You can do this. It will be hard but you can do it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh gorgeous lady - this isn't my section but I couldn't read this and not offer you an ear, a shoulder and a HUGE hug
    I honestly can't imagine all that you must be going through right now but I think it must be an enormous grieving process.
    I know some wiser women who've been through this will be along but just know that we love you so much here and we're here for you always

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (15-10-2015),~Marigold~  (15-10-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've read this several times and ashamed to say navigated away when I realised I have stuff all to say that will do any good.
    But the wise words of the two women who posted before me made it easier.
    They are right. You will get through this and I'm sorry it must be bloody hard.
    If you need anything, don't hesitate. Wishing for only good things for you xx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

amyd  (16-10-2015),MrsSS  (16-10-2015),~Marigold~  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs hugs and more hugs it can be a lonely time. I've been through a divorce no kids involved though so not as tough as what you're going through. It was a very confronting and vulnerable time, one of the hardest things I've ever been through. I don't have much wisdom for your situation with the kids but just know that one day you'll catch yourself at a random moment and realize that it hurts less. You'll realize one day you haven't thought about it for a whole hour. You'll stop feeling that awful anxiousness in the pit of your stomach. You'll look forward to something. You'll rearrange things in your life. And all of these things will happen randomly in their own time but they will happen and they'll take you by surprise when you notice. And bit by bit your self confidence will grow and life will evolve. Do what you need to do to manage the hurt for now, be kind to yourself keep busy but allow time for grieving xox

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Californication  (17-10-2015),harvs  (15-10-2015),~Marigold~  (15-10-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Everything that @gingermillie said. I know how much you're hurting Hun. I know how scary it is and how part of you wants to just take it back because at least you wouldn't have the uneasy, unsettling feeling of not knowing what the hell your future holds. But:

You can sleep diagonally.

No more having to hide the mushrooms in your cooking.

Even though that sicky heavy feeling is in your stomach, you are away from conflict now.

Your home can be peaceful. You will find strength and skills you never knew you had.

There's no pain quite like it. But...you can't go over it, can't go under it, can't go round it, got to go through it. And you can. You will.

Love your guts x

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (17-10-2015),amyd  (16-10-2015),CakeyMumma  (16-10-2015),Californication  (17-10-2015),heplusme  (16-10-2015),misskittyfantastico  (16-10-2015),MrsSS  (16-10-2015),SheWarrior  (16-10-2015),Wise Enough  (16-10-2015),~Marigold~  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything will be alright. Not the same as before, but still good.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Huge hugs. It will all be ok. You'll get through this. You'll come out the other side stronger, more peaceful and with skill you never thought you'd have.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (16-10-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am leaving the house before he gets home to grab his stuff. Can't imagine how I'd cope seeing him walk out with some belongings under his arm. He's totally not coping, either. We are on very good terms and still both freely admit we love one another deeply, but we just couldn't continue with things as they were. It wasn't fair on either of us.
    So I'm not dealing today, I'm running away while he packs and will return tonight. Far too painful.
    Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful words, I was a bit of a mess reading them and am very grateful to have a place to come and let it all out.
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you xxxx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (16-10-2015)