+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How to feel less fugly while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    At the end I shaved by sort of feeling my way about... However when the time came and I was in labour it was the LAST thing in my mind, I would have had dreadlocks down there if it would have taken the pain away.
    Lol I know I didn't give two hoots what I looked like or who saw what when in labour but I'm thinking a bit more clearly right now haha
    I honestly can't remember if I did first time round- I usually keep it neat and short (no waxing not brave enough) but I popped early this time and cbf dealing with it.

I'm due next Saturday and don't want to be crazy bush lady haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had laser years ago (full Brazilian) and luckily don't ever have to worry about it anymore... I get the occasional strays but easily plucked/shaved off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was au natural. And I didn't give a button who cared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I had laser years ago (full Brazilian) and luckily don't ever have to worry about it anymore... I get the occasional strays but easily plucked/shaved off.
    OMG I've wanted to do this for ages. did it hurt and was it exy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I did this too and it grew back when I was pregnant. Must have been the hormones or something.

It was something like $500 ish all up. The first couple of sessions hurt as there is lots of hair. The later sessions don't hurt much as a lot of the hair is gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd been planning on getting laser, but now going to wait till bubs are done with, as they say that affects the quality of it working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I had it done so long ago, I can't quite remember how much all up. There are different types too I think the one I got was VPL? It definitely hurt but they gave me this numbing cream to use an hour before each session which helped a lot. From memory each session was over in 10 mins or less - faster than a Brazilian wax. It took about 4-5 sessions and each session got cheaper as there was less hair to zap. I don't regret it for a second, I used to get horrid ingrowns from waxing and rashes from shaving. It's paid for itself a million times over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I'd been planning on getting laser, but now going to wait till bubs are done with, as they say that affects the quality of it working.
    Yeah I wouldn't do it pregnant. Can't imagine the lasers would be good being that close to baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a pretty poor self image before I fell pregnant, and it didn't help that I am currently the fattest I have ever been, but I am starting to look more pregnant than fat, but I did have a hissy fit the other night at my poor partner because I am feeling unattractive.. Next week I am going to get my eyebrows done and I want to get my hair done, haven't had it done for ages. I just feel a bit frumpy and we just moved house, so feeling a bit limited with funds at the moment. I think I just need to love myself at the moment. I feel a lot better this time than with my two daughters, but that was about ten years ago, as my youngest is almost 9. But I still have days where I feel very ordinary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs @Marchbundle I think it's perfectly acceptable to have tantrums whilst pregnant 😉

I booked a facial and deluxe pedi for about 10 days time (the first opportunity I can get 2 hrs to myself!). I had a voucher from my bday months ago otherwise wouldn't be able to afford it. I think it's essential to work some 'beauty maintenance' into the budget though, even though it's v hard to convince DH.