Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,058
    Thanks
    2,311
    Thanked
    1,390
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    That comment seems pretty uncalled for. I'm sure there's a fair percentage of people who work their asses off feel the same about where their tax money goes to. You obviously don't care.
    I was starting to think I was the only one and that welfare cheating was latest in thing to do, lol.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,848
    Thanks
    6,202
    Thanked
    16,895
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I was starting to think I was the only one and that welfare cheating was latest in thing to do, lol.
    Not one single person said it was okay, condoned it or said it was the latest thing to do In fact people have been quite frank with the OP that they aren't sure they believe it was accidental and that is was wrong. I think members just get annoyed with the 'my tax dollars' stuff.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (16-10-2015),CMF  (16-10-2015),harvs  (16-10-2015),TheGooch  (16-10-2015)

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

    Default Overpayment centerlink

    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    The OP did not pocket your tax dollars.
    I wish everyone would get over the whole "my tax dollars" thing.
    .
    Where do you think tax money comes from? The tax fairy?
    Last edited by VicPark; 16-10-2015 at 19:28.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Yeah let's pick on the law abiding citizen instead of the welfare cheat.

    Anyway I'm not $23k in debt, facing criminal charges, potential jail time (and subsequent inability to look after my three children) so if this is meant to be some sort of a completion I think I've won.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1444988037.532198.jpg

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (16-10-2015)

  7. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,058
    Thanks
    2,311
    Thanked
    1,390
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Not one single person said it was okay, condoned it or said it was the latest thing to do In fact people have been quite frank with the OP that they aren't sure they believe it was accidental and that is was wrong. I think members just get annoyed with the 'my tax dollars' stuff.
    My initial comment was 'Yup! I have no sympathy. I just think so that's where the my tax went 😤'. I had no idea it would cause so much backlash! Everything stemmed from there. I had thought my views on this topic were quite main****** but apparently not. I've learnt something.

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Where do you think tax money comes from? The tax fairy?
    Quite honestly, I do think many people fail to make the connection between supposedly-benign-government-handouts, and personal income tax.
    One hears "the government should give more money to...".
    It most certainly is "our tax dollars". It's most certainly not coming from our politicians' "play accounts".
    In my most recent Tax Return, the ATO provided me with a charming "graph" of where "my tax dollars" were going. 75% to welfare.
    Quite honestly, that grinded my cookies.

    Anyway, I am calling BS on the OP. Either a troll or fraud.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

    StillHopeful  (16-10-2015)

  10. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,058
    Thanks
    2,311
    Thanked
    1,390
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Quite honestly, I do think many people fail to make the connection between supposedly-benign-government-handouts, and personal income tax.
    One hears "the government should give more money to...".
    It most certainly is "our tax dollars". It's most certainly not coming from our politicians' "play accounts".
    In my most recent Tax Return, the ATO provided me with a charming "graph" of where "my tax dollars" were going. 75% to welfare.
    Quite honestly, that grinded my cookies.

    Anyway, I am calling BS on the OP. Either a troll or fraud.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It was this letter I thought of when I read the OP's post. When I got the letter with my tax return my first thoughts were 'what the hell!'. It's quite confronting being told exactly how much of your hard earned money was put into the 'Centrelink kitty'. Then I thought about the pensioners, people with disabilities, people on low incomes, people looking for work, etc and calmed down. I think it's great we live in a society where such people are supported. But when I hear of people taking advantage of that it really ****es me off. My pet hate. As it's probably clear from this thread.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (16-10-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-10-2015),StillHopeful  (16-10-2015)

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    It was this letter I thought of when I read the OP's post. When I got the letter with my tax return my first thoughts were 'what the hell!'. It's quite confronting being told exactly how much of your hard earned money was put into the 'Centrelink kitty'. Then I thought about the pensioners, people with disabilities, people on low incomes, people looking for work, etc and calmed down. I think it's great we live in a society where such people are supported. But when I hear of people taking advantage of that it really ****es me off. My pet hate. As it's probably clear from this thread.
    I agree that the aforementioned should be supported. But 75% of taxation going toward welfare is depressing.
    My pet hate is the constant whinging "...the government should give more money to this, that, and the other...".
    It IS "our tax dollars", and we are absolutely entitled to be concerned as to where it is spent.
    There is no tax fairy.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,222
    Thanks
    894
    Thanked
    3,219
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Considering that welfare makes up about 30-35% of the total budget, I'm not sure how you get a 75% figure. Then considering that within welfare, you have aged, disability, and families, the % will be a whole lot less.

  14. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,117
    Thanks
    2,910
    Thanked
    3,332
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The graph broke it down even further. Most of the welfare component was on the elderly. I think the lowest percentage was unemployment. I'm ok with the elderly receiving welfare. They didn't have super set up back then, and they can't work. I have no idea how they survive on so little.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Centerlink ftb pay back?
    By maternidade in forum Maternity & Parental Leave
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19-01-2015, 22:52
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2015, 19:22
  3. PPL overpayment - employer wants gross amount back
    By EvilWombatQueen in forum Maternity & Parental Leave
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 08:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
SRC Pregnancy & Recovery Shorts
Want pain relief during pregnancy, and to continue working and exercising? Fancy a speedy recovery after childbirth? Want to regain your pre-baby body shape fast? Recommended by healthcare professionals, SRC compression products will let your body do its most important work.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!