+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly I've kept everything, I use 60l storage containers, separate each size and label for storage.
    I'm a bit of a hoarder/ Boy Scout mentally ( be prepared)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Oh god, someone just came over and gave me more stuff. I mean, yay, but holy cow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In sizes 5x0 to 000 I keep a max 12 onesies, 12 bodysuits, a dozen socks, bibs, singlets. Half dozen trousers/tshirts/outfits and a couple of jackets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Between DD1 & 2 i kept everything unless i plain disliked it or it was stained.
    I also kept everything between DD2 & DS until we found out he was a DS at 20w scan then i started getting rid of all but neutral stuff.

As DS is our last everything goes out the door as he finishes with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I kept pretty much everything from DD. In the 2.5 years since she has been born my sister and SIL have both had baby girls so I have passed all her clothes onto them. #2 for us is a boy, but if he had been a girl I would have pretty much reused everything. To store all the clothes I went to ikea and got 6 of the under-bed storage thingys. I sorted all the clothes into sizes, gave them a good wash, folded, and packed them away. They have been in perfect condition to be worn by my nieces. The baby toys I put in a plastic tub which is in our shed. Capsule went into garbage bags and into the shed too. Steriliser, bottles etc are in DD's wardrobe.
    I guess I was careful about storing stuff because we don't have a huge income and I don't want to be spending money replacing things I already had when we have baby #2 and potentially 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kept everything in vac bags - lucky, since #2 is the same gender & same seasons for clothes!

I kept literally everything (not knowing what gender/season next Bub would need), and now have sorted through and thrown out the stained stuff, and donated things I didn't like.

A couple of things got yellow stains on them in the vac bags (I probably should have spent the money on getting proper space bags instead of the cheap Kmart ones haha) but they all washed/sunned out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following as I'm as I'm already envisioning this happening. My new thing is to sort and cull all new incoming stuff and get rid of what I don't like straight away. I've only got one wardrobe for DD's storage so if it doesn't fit then I'm not keeping it.

I'm already getting sentimental about $5 onsies because 'she wore that when....'

Mostly I'm sorting by quality, price and sentimentality. If I can buy again cheaply and she wore it only once and it's not sentimental then it's gunna have to go. Useful if you have a friend having the same gender as you can pass on stuff.. ( think the friend we both have that's also having a boy soon! 😊 )

My mates used vacuum packs and that seems to help?

Also agree about the small muslin's? Totally useless.. Like a big hanky 😳 wtf?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is what I did - space bags lol. I know I should've culled. Could not do it with a possibility of a 2nd (I am now pregnant with a girl - I have a boy - so a bunch of the stuff needs to be given away.. later).

Pretty much - I just put it out of sight for later lol. Probably not the best but choosing is HARD for me and I will have no issues giving away once 2nd bub grows out of stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    U also need to think about the seasons. My DS was born January so middle of summer and DD was born June so middle of winter!! Now as she's moving into 00 and it's getting warmer a lot of the clothes are for cooler months. So keep clothes for all seasons in all sizes for now plus neutral colours if u don't want ur potential DD confused as a boy (doesn't worry me)