Thanks to generous friends and everyone i know bringing me their hand-me-downs, I've now got way, way, way more baby stuff than I ever needed and now need to cull the collection down to store away in hope for Baby #2. Seriously, its hit epidemic proportions. If I suddenly stop posting on bubhub you can assume that the pile of stuff has tipped over and buried me.
What's a good number of things to keep (presuming its all fairly gender neutral)? Part of the issue is that there are a few other siblings and in-laws likely to want hand me downs in the next year or two so while I might not like something (like bibs) they would potentially use it... Part of my problem too was that DS1 has just grown so fast that we seemed to almost skip some of the sizes.
I want to bundle up and pack away a sensibly sized baby kit and sell/giveaway the rest but just not sure how to start. Help!
- Bunny rugs - how many would you keep? i think I've got about 10.
- Muslins (swaddling size)
- Small muslins (not big enough for swaddling, I use these to drape over bub in the baby bjorn - but what on earth are they supposed to be used for?)
- Bibs? I pretty much don't use them, and I think I have about 30. Will just one in each size do it?
- Clothing by size? (for example, how many of each of the 0000, 000, 00, 0 would you keep)?
- Clothing by style? - would you keep only particular types of clothing per size?
- Bed sheets per cot size
- Novelty/warm suits (e.g. monster suit, bear suit, themed suit).