Hello Ladies,

Firstly Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

My name is Stefanie and I am currently in my third year, studying a Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery at the University of Queensland. As part of my course I must complete 20 continuity of care experiences; which involves creating an ongoing relationship between myself the student, and you, the woman.

The role of your student is completely up to you, I can be involved as little or as much as possible. The university requires the student to attend a minimum of 5 antenatal (during pregnancy) appointments (GP visits, antenatal classes, ultrasounds etc.), the birth of your baby and 2 postnatal (after birth) visits. Your student may, for example, assist the midwife with history taking, abdominal palpations and measurements to monitor your baby’s growth antenatally; help monitor your baby’s heart rate and your contractions during labour; and assist with breastfeeding and teaching about new baby care postnatally. First and foremost, your student is there to offer further support and encouragement, to help answer questions you may have, and to learn about pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period.

Your student will only attend appointments and the birth with your consent. You are free to withdraw from the program at any time, for any reason, no questions asked.

I am looking especially for women due between December 2015 and April 2016. However, I welcome emails and replies from anyone at any gestation who are looking for more information, or who would be interested in a student midwife!

I am a very caring and down to earth person that is passionate about midwifery and ensuring women have an enjoyable pregnancy journey. My placement hospital is the Royal Brisbane and Women's hospital; however i can attend most hospitals in the Brisbane area!

If you are interested or simply want more information, do not hesitate to leave a comment or send me an email! I greatly appreciate you allowing me to be apart of such a special journey! Hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you, Stefanie