+ Reply to Thread

Default Infant observation help - Melbourne's North, North East and Inner East

Dear Expectant Parents (Melbourne, Victoria),

My name is Vaidy Swaminathan and I am a male doctor and researcher and now completing training in Psychotherapy.

I am looking for an expectant mother (due in the next few weeks) for Infant Observations in Melbourne’s (VIC) north, north east or inner urban east (Epping, Lalor, Thomastown, Reservoir, South Morang, Greensborough, Eltham, Watsonia, Macleod, Heidelberg, Ivanhoe or Camberwell). I can travel even if you live in other suburbs.

The aim of my infant observations will be to understand what sense the newborn makes of the world around her/him in the initial time period after birth in order to have an understanding of a baby’s early personality development.

I will not be there in my capacity as a doctor and my intention is not to diagnose or treat. I will be there to observe the normal interactions between a baby and the world.

The infant observation will take place on a weekly basis for 1 hour in the comfort of the mother’s own home where I hope to be a ‘fly on the wall’ and observe the baby interacting with the world around them. I would like to meet the parents-to-be a week or so prior to the due date so that we can put a face to our names and work out if this is what you would want to do.

New mothers and families may find that having a regular, committed and thoughtful observer/visitor is often quite supportive as well as make them think about their baby’s personality in a profound manner.

I can be contacted at vswaminathan@unimelb.edu.au or via my secretary at (03) 9805 4309.

My training is overseen by the Royal ANZ College of Psychiatrists and undertaken via VATPP and I will have a supervisor during this period. I have a valid ‘working with children (WWC)’ check.

My public profile can be found here.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are interested or have any questions prior to deciding. Your kindness in allowing me to be part of what is undoubtedly a private and unique time in your lives will be greatly valued and appreciated and will enable me to become a better therapist.

Dr Vaidy Swaminathan
    Camberwell, VIC
    Last edited by vaidysnathan; 01-11-2015 at 18:35.

Any help and your kindness will be appreciated for the duration of my life!